Chapter 14

We stood on the roof, looking through the fence and seen Arlo and Kano goin at it.

"Who do you guys think will win?" Amber tried to make conversation.

"Let's see," I starting thinking. "I think Kano's ability is higher strength, but Arlo has a barrier, and if it's anything like mine," I looked over. "Then I'm going with Arlo."

"Yours?" John didn't know yet.

"I'll tell you later, let's keep watching." I continued watching.

Kano was continuously running back and forth trying to punch Arlo, but Arlo was swift and dodged.

"Pathetic." Arlo was getting smart. He then created his barrier and shrunken it onto Kano. "I won this round."

"No." Kano started banging on the barrier, which made it worse. Kano then screamed in pain, and gave in. "Fine."

Arlo released his barrier and stood tall. "Kinland's new King." He announced.

"Pfft." I scoffed. "I don't know why someone would be proud?"

"Guilty pleasure." John spoke.

I turned around and looked at John. "How would you know?"

"Just a guess?" John seemed to be hiding something. Time to start butting in. I snickered.

"We should get to class." Seraphina started leaving.

"Since when did you go to class?"

"Since we came to this school," she paused. "I want to see how their classes are."

"Let's go John." I pulled him and started heading to class.

"Hey." He looked over as we were walking. "I wanna know, what's your ability?"

"It's uhh..." I hesitated. "Powerful...." I was trying to be vague. I never liked talking about it.

"Don't avoid the question." He was looking at me with no fear in his eyes.

"See, if I told you the name, you wouldn't know what it means."

"Then just explain it."

"Hey!" I heard a voice behind me.

I turned around and seen Toru running towards us.

"Hey Toru, this is John."

"Nice to meet you." John smiled.

"He's one of the ones that transferred?"

I nodded.

Toru then gave John a sharp glare.

"Let's get to class!" I walked forward and felt John get closer and was kind of close. I could feel Toru's glare from behind me, but I didn't turn.

Toru's suddenly gotten more defensive when I'm around....

We got to class and he sat down next to me. As we waited for class to start when John turned to me. "You never told me your ability."

"Later."

I looked towards a door and seen several new kids walking in. John leaned over towards me. "That red haired guy is Blyke, the orange haired one is Isen, the pink hair girl is Remi, and that girl with the blue hair is Elaine. I assume you already know their abilities."

I nodded and watched them enter. Isen sat on the other side of me while Blyke sat in front of Isen. I saw Seraphina walk in and she sat in the desk in front of me, and Amber sat right next to her, the seat in front of John. Remi looked lost, but sat in front Isen. Elaine was last in, but she sat at the front.