Chapter 24

I sat up, felling extremely tired. "Wha-?" I looked around and realized I was in Blyke's and John's dorm.

"Good morning sunshine." Blyke joked. "Don't worry, Amber's on the way with a change of clothes, you can change in our bathroom."

"Thanks." I started to get up, realizing I was aching from lying on a table for so long.

"I'm gonna go lie on the couch for a moment."

"Okay."

I got up and walked to the couch and closed my eyes. I didn't realize I fell asleep.

"Kami!"

I jerked up and seen Amber.

"I have your clothes." She laughed. "You've been spending a lot of time here lately." She winked.

I glared at her, and signaled her to 'shoo'.

She left and I took my clothes into the bathroom and changed. I looked in the mirror and sighed.

"I'm just going to hang with Remi today after school. No boys, thankfully."

I grabbed my clothes from yesterday, and went back to the couch, put my clothes in my bag, and sat down for a moment.

"Hey, Kami."

"Yes Blyke?"

"Can you wake John up? I'm kind of busy at the moment."

"Yeah." I got up, walked over to John and almost woke him up when I seen him drooling. Good time for a picture. I laughed. I pulled my phone out and started taking pictures.

Once I decided I had enough, I plucked him on the back of his head, and he woke up.

"Mmmuuuhhh." He was mumbling. "Ugghhhh, what time is it?"

"7:04." I smirked.

"What!" He jumped up and started scrambling. "I won't have time for anything!"

"John," I grabbed him by the shoulders. "Calm down, change clothes and grab your stuff."

"But I need to gel my hair!"

"No, remember yesterday?"

He looked up as if he were trying to remember. "Oh yeah.."

"Now hurry or you will really be late."

He groaned and walked off.

"I'm leaving early." I said to myself. "I just want to walk by myself for once."

I grabbed my bag and left the room, and headed out the dorm.

I walked to school, taking my time walking there. There's so much going on, especially ever since this school year started. Last year I was the school cripple, now I'm the Queen. Things changed so fast. I went against my old enemy, made friends with the transfer students, fought EMBER once and somehow made it through, got kidnapped by my old middle school because of what I did, and now I have three- no, four guys crushing on me.

Once I got into the school, I heard footsteps running towards me.

"Kami," I turned and seen it was Remi. At least it's not one of the guys. "Want to meet at your dorm after school?"

"Sure." I agreed. As I headed to class, Remi walked with me, though I didn't say much. Once I sat down, I set my head down, and closed my eyes. That is, until I realized this was the class that assigned the project. "Hey Remi, I'll be back."

She looked over and nodded.

I got up, and took off for the roof, making sure none of my other friends seen me. I opened the doors, walked in, shut them and laid down.

I stared at the sky and started to drift into another sleep.

I awoke to silence, which was unusual. I looked around and glanced down from the fence to see strange guys. I ducked down and listened to their conversation.

"Is this the school that girl attends?"

"Yeah, she took out four of our men."

"She's stronger than we anticipated."

"What are we going to do?"

BZZZT—

Of course my phone goes off.

I looked at my phone and seen a text from Remi. "Fuck." I muttered to myself. I slept through all of school.

I stood up and teleported to my dorm. I went to the door and opened it. "Hey Remi," I acted like I was there the whole time. "Sorry, must have dozed off."

"It's fine, oh ready?"

"Yep." I walked out and shut the door behind me.

We were walking to town and seen so many people walking around. It all seemed peaceful compared to school. No one broke out into fights, everyone stayed with who they were with to begin with. No disturbances.

We go to the mall and started looking around.

While Remi and I were there, there were a lot of "How's this?" And "Oh my gosh this is so cute!" And others that filled up our time.

After about an hour and a half, we ran out of things to look through and decided to leave.

As we headed out, I felt the presence of someone following us. I grabbed Remi's arm and pulled her and started running.

"What's wrong?"

I turned back and seen an aura but no other visible figure. Were being chased and they're invisible.

"Remi, Just trust me and run!"

We started running as fast as we could and tried to cut them off in an alleyway, but they weren't fooled. They knew now that we were running away from them. It's EMBER, it has to be... I should have known.

I started running faster. "Fuckers." I muttered. Why are these guys like this? And how are we supposed to stop it?

We got out of the alley and just ran through the road.

"Kami!"

I turned around and seen a van speeding towards me. I froze time and moved out of the way. "The fuck..?"

"You high-tiers will never get away." The guy getting out grumbled.

I flew up and went over the van, taking Remi with me. "Remi, we need to get out of here! Otherwise EMBER will capture us."

She nodded and I tried to distance us from them. "Kami, are you sure they won't catch up?"

I nodded. "I'm fast, they can't catch up to me."

I could feel her uncertainty, but she has to believe in me.

We continued running and I decided to activate my ability and make us invisible. "Keep quiet, were invisible now but that doesn't mean they can't hear us." I whispered.

I grabbed Remi and flew up in the air.

"Y- you can fly as well?" She was shocked.

"Shh, yes." I silenced.

We looked below and seen them looking around confused.

"They were just here, where the fuck did they go?"

"They went invisible, who knows where they could be."

They would never think that we were above them.

I aimed my palm down, and fired an electrified energy beam towards them, causing them to get knocked out so badly that it would take awhile for them to wake up.

I then teleported us back to my dorm and we sat down on my couch.

"It was EMBER again, wasn't it?"

"Yep." I sighed