Chapter 40

"So what are you going to do?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?" he paused. "You seem responsible, I'm sure you can trust yourself to do the right thing."

"I will." I got up and walked away.

I kept turning back to see if he was gone, and once he was, I went back, and decided to move further away from my original spot.

"Let's see..." I still was planning my end. "Since I have the power to basically do anything, I could fly up really high, then drop down, having it kill me on impact... I could surround myself in a barrier and shrink it until I get crushed... I could conjure up some weapon and just stab myself... Wow the possibilities are endless."

And you there, yes you! HEY I'M SPEAKING TO YOU! Okay, so now I got your attention, I know what you're thinking: "No, don't do it!" Or "It can't end like this!" Or something like this.

And also your thinking "Wow author, like to break the fourth wall much?"

Stop, just stop. To me, Kami, this is no story for your entertainment, this is really happening to me, and I wanted to share my story.

But this isn't the end, not yet at least.

I sat there, and continued to think, until something hits me. Literally.

"Hey!" I heard a familiar voice.

I turned to see a red head heading in my direction.

"What are you doing out here? Didn't you get my texts?"

I pointed to the metallic mess nearby.

"Oh, so that explains why John was pissed you never replied."

"And I never want to."

"Why not?" He sat down next to me.

"Because I ruined everything for myself."

"Doesn't mean you have to stay out here and starve."

"I'm fine, and besides, I don't care whether I starve or not."

"Don't think like that!"

"Why? And why are you even here?"

"Because I care."

"And none of the others do?"

"That's not it."

"Yes it is! Stop lying. They all hate me now because I'm a fuck up."

"No you're not!"

"Then explain all the texts I got and seen before I threw and broke my phone?"

"Like what?"

"Seraphina said 'How could you do this!', Amber said 'Do you realize what you've done?', John said 'I'm sorry..', Remi said 'What did you do? Seraphina called me to come over and to not expect you.', and you said 'John told me, why would you say that?'" I told him. "And Isen just sent a concerned emoji."

"Well.."

"See, can't explain yourself. Did you, John, and Isen all really actually liked me, or was it one big joke? Do Seraphina, Amber, and Remi really want to be friends, or was it just fake? Is my whole life just one big joke?"

"No!"

He put his hand on my shoulder, but I pushed it away. "Don't touch me!" I screamed.

I felt tears running down my face. "Claire and all the others were right, I am a monster." I covered my face and sobbed.

I could sense that Blyke wanted to hug me, but I didn't want it. As shitty as I felt and as much as I needed one, I didn't want one.

"Kami, come on."

"No Blyke, and don't even convince me to go back, because I'm not. Even if you drag me, I can over power you and keep myself where I am."

"Oh really?" He then snapped his fingers, and a yellow barrier appeared around me.

"Wait... Arlo?" I looked around and seen him leaning on a tree.

"I heard you were in trouble, and even though you're more powerful, I'd hate to see that power go to waste. Blyke convinced me to come help."

I turned to Blyke and stared. "I can still pierce his barrier, remember?"

"But you won't, because no matter how badly you deny it, you want to come back, and," he nodded to Arlo and walked closer to me. "You want a hug." He then hugged me, no hesitation.

I closed my eyes, and sighed.

I decided to just give up, and I basically went limp. I lied on the ground, and just let them carry me back to the dorms.

I left my eyes closed, but I couldn't look at the faces I betrayed.

I soon was at a stop, and set down on what felt like the couch in my dorm. I refused to open my eyes.

"Kami."

"No."

"Come on."

"No, not opening my eyes."

"Please?"

"Not even for me?" I heard a different, yet familiar voice.

The voice wasn't Seraphina, Remi, or Amber, nor was it anyone from our school.

I finally decided to open my eyes and seen a girl standing there. She had long, silky, wavy, red hair. Her eyes were a piercing bright green. Where have I seen someone like that?

"Don't remember me, Kami?" She spoke up.

I shook my head, very confused at the moment.

"It's me, Katerina."

I stared in shock. "What?"

"That's right, your old roommate is here!" She jumped up and looked so happy.

She grabbed my arm and pulled me up, then hugged me.

"John's dad kept in contact with my parents, and when I finally begged my mom to let me travel, I knew the first thing was to find you."

"So how-?"

"My parents were close with John's dad, so I found a way to get John's number." She paused. "I talked to him for a bit but then proceeded to tell me what happened, and so I came out here as soon as I could."

"But Katerina, Why?"

"It's Kat now." She laughed. "And because I care. I may not have been a part of the deal you and John made years ago, but I was still going to appear there anyway."

I leaned back down and sighed.

"It doesn't matter anyway, I don't know why I was brought here, you all hate me now."

"We never said that."

"We were just hurt that you said that."

"Yeah, and John explained what you told him, and Seraphina confirmed it, she just didn't acknowledge it because she was upset."

"Yeah." Seraphina sighed. "Sorry I didn't listen."

"It's fine."

Soon, things were not fine.