Chapter 31

It's been six months and I'm about to start the new school year at a new school, as a third year, since I never finished it at my old school...

I didn't want to go, I begged my parents to try to convince my old Headmaster otherwise, but they refused.

I sighed and walked up to the girl's dormitories with my suit cases. I walked in, and checked my phone for the room number. "Room 307.. third floor I guess."

I walked up the stairs, struggling to carry my luggage up. Once I made it up, I walked over, searching for the number. "304... 305... 306... ah, 307!"

I walked up and grabbed the key out of my pocket, and unlocked it.

"Ahhh!" I heard a loud scream.

I rushed in and seen a short, skinny girl with long dark green hair.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine..." she sighed. "You just startled me."

"Sorry." I glanced down.

"You new?"

I nodded.

"I'm Avery."

"Kami."

"So, where did you transfer from?"

I didn't want news getting out about my past; I have to lie.

"I was home schooled previously." I felt bad lying, but I have to.

"Oh, must have been lonely."

"It was."

"So, what's your ability?"

I knew this was coming, I'm not going to be treated as a cripple again, but I can't tell them my real ability, what do I say. I started to panic.

"What's yours?" I avoided the question.

"Well, I actually can... um, how should I put this?" She paused. "I can like, increase the gravitational pull underneath someone and restrict their movements that way."

"Wow."

"Your turn."

"Oh, mine is uh.." what one has more potential to have more uses? Oh, I know! "Time manipulation."

"Sounds powerful! What's your level?"

Shut, gonna have to lie on this too! Still going to be high, but lower than my current level, I hope it's believable.

"7.2."

"Mines 5.6"

"Neat." I was not into keeping a conversation right now. I didn't even want to be here in the first place.

I walked back to grab my luggage and dragged it into my room. These dorms give separate rooms for each person... Won't be as tight as my old dorm, but I actually preferred it that way...

I went into my room, and sat down on the bed and sighed.

I took my phone out of my pocket and checked it to see 500 messages from all my friends.

Damn, they really miss me. I was told to forget them, but I can't forget anything, my past make who I am, I can't fix the past, but I can control the future.

I started to unpack, putting my clothes in the dresser, putting some video games and the console near the TV. "I'll hook that up later.. I guess."

Knock knock!

"Who's there!" I heard Avery calling from outside.

I heard her open the door and there was mumbling.

"Kami! There's two guys here to see you! One with orange hair and one with black, they say they're your friends?"

Shit, how did they find me, Wait... orange hair? ISEN! He must have tracked me down and brought John! Oh no, my lies will be revealed and I'll already have a bad rep.

"Coming!" I groaned.

I got up and walked out of my room and headed to the door.

"Kami!" John jumped on me, hugging me ever so tightly.

"Shh!" I muttered. "Outside, now." I commanded, pushing them out my dorm and following behind them. "Explain."

"Blyke sent me, and asked to take John. He said John wasn't acting the same since you left."

"It sucks you have to leave, and you just had to finish out the year and then would have had one more year!"

"Yeah, but I have to start as a third year again."

"That sucks."

"Well, I should already know the material, so I can just skip class and ace everything fine."

"So that's your roommate?"

I nodded. "I had to lie to cover my past."

"How much?"

"I lied that I was home schooled, about my ability, said it was only time manipulation, and even my level, to seem slightly weaker than I really am."

"How much?"

"Could still be Queen if I wanted."

"You should know by now lying won't get you anywhere."

"It doesn't matter, I can't change what happened, I wish I could, cause then I'll still be at Kinland."

"We're working on that, trust us."

"How are you-?"

"Hey! No boys allowed in the girls dorms at this moment!" There was a voice in the distance.

"Shit, we're gonna leave," Isen then turned towards me. "We'll call you when we manage something."

"Kay.." and with that they scurried out.

I headed back into my room and seen my roommate sitting on the couch. "So, you know them?"

"Yeah," I paused and quickly thought of a lie. "They're neighbors."

"Oh." She didn't seem convinced. "So are you going to challenge the Queen and take her spot?"

I shook my head. "I have no interest in doing that."

"How come?"

"I just don't." I shrugged.

She looked at me with suspicion, but I ignored it.

"So what's this school like?" I changed the subject.

"It's primary focused on abilities levels, and not so much on academics."

"Oh, interesting." It seems like most schools around here are...

"Our highest level was 6.5 though. It's like not a lot of high-tiers come here anymore."

Highest ability level was 6.5 before me? And not many high-tiers considering they only really look at levels... That doesn't sound right.

"What's the rank in Turf wars?"

"We're like 7th."

"Do you know what school places 1st?"

"It was Wellston, until something happened and all the students were separated and transferred."

"So who is it now?"

"I heard it was Kinland High."

WHAT!

"I even heard they were undefeated because of their Queen was too overpowered. We heard so many schools complain that we decided to never challenge them. We value our lives."

"We?"

"Oh, I'm the Ace at this school."