Chapter 34

"So?" I looked at Headmaster with intent.

"Don't have to finish the previous year." He finally said. "Your grades were good enough that it didn't matter, you can continue your final year of high school starting tomorrow."

YES! I was actually excited to start school for once.

I then came to a sudden realization: Arlo graduated. So who's the King?

"Thank you sir." I said as I left his office and greeted Seraphina and Amber.

I sighed and looked at them. "Guys I have a question."

They looked at me, awaiting.

"Who's the King, since Arlo graduated?"

"Well, as tradition, the Jack, aka Blyke took his place."

"So who's Jack now?"

"Not chosen yet, we decided we would wait for you, but if we didn't get you back within a certain amount of time, Blyke and I would have chosen."

"But what if I assign someone as Jack, but is more powerful than Blyke?"

"Then they should switch places."

"Who did you have in mind?"

"John?"

They just stared at me.

"What?"

"There's something you don't know..." Amber started off.

I turned towards Seraphina and she had confusion in her eyes, like she was thinking back to something.

"What..?"

"John hasn't been himself lately."

"What do you mean? How?"

Seraphina stared. "He would start beating people up if they looked like they wanted to fight him, according to him."

"Why?"

"We don't know, he won't talk to us anymore because he thinks we're going to turn on him and somehow get him killed or something."

"Where is he now?"

They both shrugged.

"I'm going to look for him."

I left the dorm in a rush, and headed to Blyke and John's dorm. Thankfully we keep the same exact dorm rooms until we graduate.

I walked in, headed to their room, and knocked.

"Who is it?" I heard Blyke's voice.

"Kami."

The door then immediately opened. I seen Blyke standing there, face glowing with happiness.

"Where's John?"

The glowing faded quickly. "Not here."

"Know what happened to him?"

He shook his head. "He left the dorms a while ago, and never said a word."

"This is seriously weird, where could he be?"

"You want to come in, since you came all the way here?"

"Sure, I guess." I walked in and sat down on the couch.

"Have you tried calling him on his phone?"

"No." I glanced at my phone, looking at it while thinking.

I unlocked my phone and went to contacts. I scrolled down to where it said Doe, John.