Chapter 12

"You made a mistake." Evan glared at me as he activated his ability.

"No, you did." I started shrinking the barrier, enclosing them closer together. "Touch that barrier and you will be injured, no doubt about it."

Evan then started to walk towards the barrier, getting stabbed as he tried so desperately to get out. I enclosed it even more, but Evan wasn't giving up.

"Get ready." I told Toru, Amber, and Sara. As Evan escaped, I pushed all of us up with telekinetic waves, and I slammed down on the ground, having a lot of people get pushed back.

Some didn't get up, whether it was because they were injured, or they were too scared too.

Toru was in a corner conjuring up fire balls and ice balls and throwing them. Amber was using her invisibility to get around and kicked people down from behind. Sara stopping the ones after her in their tracks, freezing them in place, then started kicking and punching.

I, for one, was using some time manipulation and getting past everyone quickly and knocking them down fast.

I suddenly heard a scream from behind me. I whipped around and seen Sara was in trouble.

"One step closer, and she's useless." Evan was holding her hostage. How did he get past her?

"Or what?"

"This." He pulled out his hand, which was shaped as a stone blade. How? I thought he had a different ability...

"And I know you can manipulate time, and if you do so, your other friends will face the same fate." He pointed behind me and I seen Amber and Toru getting held against their will.

Kano then walked up to me, got up right on me. "So what will it be?"

I had no choice. I froze time, ran up to Amber and Toru and grabbed them, and quickly sent them in the distance, ran back, and before I knew it, I was being held in a head lock and the time manipulation was stopped.

"What did I tell you." Evan growled. "Now you get to watch your friend die."

He then quickly swiped the blade all across her neck, instantly killing her. I felt tears coming and I screamed.

"No!" I threw my hand up, sending spikes flying towards Evan. They flew instantly into him, gouging into him, causing blood to fly everywhere.

"What the fuck...." Kano released me, causing me to drop to the ground, and then he booked it for the exit, but Amber and Toru stopped him.

I stood up and looked over at them, I could feel the fear coming from Toru and Amber, but they didn't show it for Kano's sake.

"Let him go, he's seen enough." I told them, as I collapsed to my knees.

They moved, letting Kano go, and then rushed over to me.

"Kami!" Toru and Amber called.

"Are you okay?" Amber got down to my level and tried to look at me.

"I wanted to make sure no one died, and two ended up getting killed."

"One isn't your fault though, and you were mad that Evan did that and wanted to stop him."

"But this similar scenario happened three times already, the first, the majority of people died, second I realized what I was doing and stopped myself before I got ahead, and now..." I was now crying.

Toru hugged me. "But we're here now."

I was shocked. He hugged me again...

"Toru?" I pulled him back a little.