Chapter 45

Blyke and I took our pieces of cake and headed out to the roof.

As I was walking, and admiring my cake, I bumped into someone. I gasped at the cake, and Blyke rushed to save it from its demise.

"Watch where you're going." I snarled and looked up to see John. "Oh, it's you."

"Sorry I didn't mean to-."

I scoffed him off. He has the audacity to fake being nice to me?

"Whatever."

"Hey," he tried to stop me as I walked away. "Where've you been? I haven't seen you in several days."

"Like you would care. You would know if you did."

I then turned around and walked away, Blyke following behind closely. I could feel the fear emanating off of him.

But that's also when I heard John mumbling under his breath.

"Ooo I wish I could just beat the shit out of him."

"Kami, calm, you know what the doctor said."

"And when has anything like that ever stop me?"

"Do you want to worsen your knee?"

"He said less than twenty percent of my ability has returned, that means there's some I can use. I have the energy, I can see if I can heal."

"But let's get to the roof first, I get scared John's going to murder me in my sleep."

"Nonsense."

"We're roommates, and I'm with you more often now."

"So? He knows I'm more powerful than him."

"Doesn't matter."

"I've only ever seen him mimic two abilities at once, and try to combine their powers. I can do four to five."

"What?"

"I mean," I quickly took a huge bite of my cake, stuffing my mouth. "What?" My speech was muffled.

"When have you ever used that many at once?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I never swallowed the food in my mouth, so my mouth was still full of cake.

"You just said-."

"Shhhhhh." I took a piece of his cake and shoved it in his mouth, then swallowed mine. "Eat, young one."

He reluctantly ate the cake, and finally gave up asking.

"I'm glad we got the cake ahead of time."

"Same." We finally make it to the roof, and sat down.

My knee hurt when I bent it, but I suffered when I sat, I just kept my legs straight.

Blyke and I enjoyed our cake, and once I finished, I threw the plate somewhere else and didn't care.

"So..." Blyke started speaking. "About what happened earlier."

"Ooo, look at those pretty clouds!" I pointed to the sky.

"Kami, you can't avoid this one."

"What are you talking about?" I avoided.

"Kami."

"What do you want me to say?" I sighed. "That back then, you respected John's decision, but were still hanging around me like it didn't matter? That you always seemed to be by my side? That you helped me when I desperately needed it? And that I was astounded by that and let my emotions get the best of me?"

Blyke stood there. "And what about John?"

"Based off what you told me, and also what I seen in the hall that got me angry, he's either trying to get me jealous, or he's really over me."

"But what did you see? I didn't see it."

"He was leaning in close with another girl."

"Oh." Blyke must have felt bad for asked. "Sorry I asked."

"It's fine. I've learned almost every guy is the same."

Blyke looked at me with saddened eyes.

"Okay, now why are you looking at me like that?"

"I'm not like those guys, am I?" He pouted like a baby, and I laughed.

"No."

"Thank goodness." He pretended to stretch and 'casually' moved to lay on my lap.

I laughed. "Think you're sly?"

"Mayyybe."

I rolled my eyes, then realized I wanted to try to see if I can use some of my ability.

"Hey, get up for a moment."

"Okay..?" He looked confused.

I hovered my hand over my knee, and tried to see if I was healing.

"Are you trying to heal?"

I nodded and continued.

"It seems to be working."

I could never feel a difference whoever I healed myself, except the fact that the pain was gone. The visible wound would always disappear as if it were never there.

"I think I'm done."

"Want me to take the bandage off?"

I nodded.

He started taking the bandages off, and the blood and hole were completely gone. I tried to stand up, and there was no pain.

"Yay!" I jumped.

"That means I can do this." I turned and seen him trying to jump onto my back.

I tried to hold him up. "Why would you jump on me and expect me to give you a piggyback ride without notice? I could have dropped you."

"But you didn't."

"Not my point."

He just laughed at me.

"If you don't get down, I will drop you like a hot rock."

"Guess you'll have to-!"

I dropped him on the ground and turned to look at him and laughed.

"Ow." He glared at me.

"Problem?"

"Yeah! You dropped me."

"You said."

He rolled his eyes.

"I think lunch is almost over."

"Then let's head to class."

He got up and we started heading to the next class.

As I walked in, I sat in the very back, where I normally do, Blyke sat in his seat, on the left of me. All my friends sat in the same seats, all around me in every class.

"Hey Kami!" Sera turned around and looked at me.

That was when Isen, Remi, and Amber also turned around.

"How are you doing?"

"I'm fine, now."

"Okay class, listen up!" The teacher started speaking. "You all may know, prom is coming in a couple weeks. We are going to gather a prom committee to get everything together."

Everyone was silent.

As much as everyone loved prom, no one liked helping to set it up.

"Since this year, we knew no one would voluntarily sign up, we put together a list of students who will."

Everyone groaned.

"These are the students who will be working on it. Remi, Seraphina, Blyke, Kami, Isen, and John."

I froze. John? I have to work with John?