Chapter 59

I awoke feeling odd. Something didn't feeling right, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

I sat up, stretched and yawned.

I got up and started getting ready for school.

"Good morning Kami." I heard Amber's voice.

I turned. "Hey Amber."

"Hurry, Toru's waiting for us."

"Toru?" I haven't hanged around him in ages.

"What about Sera?"

"Who?"

Okay, now I'm confused.

"Seraphina? Our other room mate who transferred from Wellston."

"Isn't that the private high school near your old middle school?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Well this 'Sera' was never here before, nor have I heard of her."

I looked at her confused.

"Have you hit your head?" She came closer to me and touched the top of my head.

I backed away. "I'm not crazy, I swear."

"Kami, maybe you should take a day off from school and recollect yourself."

"Fine, go ahead without me." I'll get to the bottom of this.

I stayed standing there as Amber left. Once I heard the door shut, I yelled. "What the hell is going on!?"

I go dressed, grabbed my phone, and left my dorm, heading towards town.

As I walked, I searched through me phone and seen their numbers were still there.

"Well if they supposedly were never here, then explain how I have their numbers?" I spoke aloud.

I seen Sera's number, and clicked it to call it.

It's ringing!

"Hello?"

"Hey Sera!"

"Who is this?"

"It's Kami, don't you remember?"

There was silence.

"No?"

"Look, I don't know who this is but don't call me-" she seemed to have been interrupted. "John, shush."

"Who is it though?"

"They claim their name is Kami."

"Ohh let me speak to her!"

"Fine."

"Hello, Kami?"

"John?"

"Yeah, um, we should talk somewhere in person, think we could meet by your old middle school?"

"Uh sure, but do you have to whisper that? I can barely hear you."

"That's because something's up and I already told Sera and she thinks I got a concussion or something."

"Oh, yeah, okay, let's meet.. is now okay? Amber said I needed to take a day away from school."

"Okay, see you soon."

I hung up and continued walking in the direction of the forest.

I then sighed. "This will take forever." I then tried to activate my ability and jumped, but I didn't stay in the air. "What the-?"