Chapter 16 - Defeated

I muttered the last word of my sentence. I felt my magic draining away from my body by the second, so I had to make this quick if I wanted to slaughter the dragon before me. I just realised that Wendy could also help if she just enchanted me...

"Wendy! Enchant me, now!" I screamed, hearing a gasp from the little girl. "Okay! Luna!" She held her hands out, a magic circle appearing. I didn't have enough time to wait. I'll have to go for the big load, immediately. "Lavendar, could you help too?" I asked while she frowned. "The heck child?! Are you saying I'm useless?! Tch.." Lavendar sighed. "I'll help!"

"Fast wind that runs the heaven... VERNIER..." Wendy squeaked, targetting me as I felt my speed increase. I snickered, looking directly at the dragon then to Gemini. "Help me with this," I said.

"Realms of that in terrestrial light, the realm of the aether, I open thee! Lend me your strength. Dragon Slayer Secret Art! Aether's Light: Terrestrial Space!" I jolted my hands to the dragon, pointing directly at it. Gemini repeating the words along with me. "Exterminate!" My eyes gleamed a purple color, along with Gemini as a huge navy sphere appeared in sight, devouring the dragon.

The skies dimmed, purple radiating as if it consumed the whole land. A huge explosion occurred, destroying the land beside the dragon. I was panting as my body was full of injuries. I silently giggled. Although, I doubted it was over. The dragon was blown, revealing a dim figure of what looked like, a person? No, it was the dragon. To be exact, it was the dragon slayer.

"Woah!" Happy yelled in awe, I could see the slayer from a mile away. I looked at Gray, Wendy and Erza who were nearby. After looking away, I quickly left to run to the dragon slayer.

As I arrived where Natsu and Happy were, they were holding the slayer down. "You don't get it! I'm looking for Lucy Heartfilia!" He screamed. Lucy? Me?

"She's missing," Erza blatantly declared, he looked in shock. "But! Lave--"

"Hold your horses!" I quickly interrupted him, was he about to say Lavendar? "I'll take him, okay?" I blurted out, Natsu frowning. "But I wanna take him! He might know where Igneel is!" Natsu said, "aye!" Happy agreed.

"Natsu, I understand you're looking for Igneel. But would you please be considerate when there is someone else trying to explain their reason?!" Erza sighed, her gaze pointing to me. "Eeep!" Natsu squeaked.

"I--err, I thought maybe taking him under Sabertooth's care might help him find Lucy Heartfilia. After all, I am one of her descendants." I lied, I didn't know how else to persuade them all. I felt my face burn like flames.

Erza nodded in agreement, "as it stands, Luna has the higher relevance of the argument." Erza stated. "Wait! Where'd he go?!" Happy squealed, everyone looking down but he was gone.

My eyes were twitching as I saw the guy run away. "Grr..." I muttered. "Aether Dragon Tornado!" I screamed, pouncing an attack on him as he fell to the floor. I quickly ran to him to see if he was alright. Well, luckily for me I didn't injure him too much. The rest of them caught up to me, eventually.

"How about we talk to master about this?" Wendy timidly asked. "I agree with Wendy! For all we know, this guy could just be trying to trick us!" She declared, a bit worried.

"Wendy and Carla have a point," Gray announced. Erza chuckled, "that is true. So Natsu, if you may, could you please--"

I saw Natsu and Happy quickly fly with the dragon slayer. I sighed, they're such idiots!

"Lavendar!" I yelled, Lavendar coming to my side as wings sprouted from her back. She grabbed me as she carried me through the sky, following the two morons.

"Hey dude, you know where Igneel is?" Natsu questioned the dragon slayer. He shook his head, "I have not heard of this "Igneel" you speak about" the slayer responded. "Now would you put me down and hand me to your Aether Dragon Slayer?" He pointed directly to me.

Great! I have a chance! "Let go!" I yelled to Lavendar, she nodded before dropping me. "Aether Dragon Slayer: Flight!" I screamed, dragon wings appearing on my back as I took flight. I heavily panted. I haven't mastered this yet...so I feel like this'll drain my energy. Better make it quick!

My speed was visibly faster than Happy's as I almost immediately caught up with them. I quickly grabbed the dragon slayer before fastening my pace to get back down to the surface.

My wings had disappeared as I returned on the surface. I felt light headed, am I gonna faint?

The world turned black before I could say anything more.