Chapter 21 - The Start Of An Event

There were a couple of battles that were changed as Lucy participated in one of them already, it is now time for the preliminary event.

Lucy P.O.V

"All right! This has turned out to be an interesting turn of events," said Chapati. His hands were gripped onto the microphone tightly. He placed his mouth only a couple of inches away from it. "The scoreboard will be up shortly folks so keep your head in the sky and wait 'till you see this score! We'll also be hosting the preliminary event now!"

"Assassin!" He smiled.

I've never heard of that one before, is it a new one? I looked up at Chapati who was seemingly eager for this one. I looked around, guild by guild, they were all whispering to each other.

"This is a new game that no one has ever played before!"

That answers my question I guess? It sounds interesting though so I'll give them that.

"Our mascot, Mato is currently going around to randomly pick two competitors from each guild to see who will take part in such a spectacular event!" Chapati screamed.

"In assassin, you are given a target and you will have to find that target and defeat them in a battle. Though, keep in mind that you are also a target of another person so it's best you keep wary of your surroundings." Yajima explained, he was sitting alongside Chapati. "And the two guildmates participating will have the same target so it opens up a lot of strategies," he added.

That's interesting. I looked down at Lavendar who seemed to be listening to Chapati.

"Oh hello Sabertooth!" I heard a familiar voice, I guessed it was Mato. Minerva crossed her arms as she looked down to Kabo.

It'd be good if it were Sting and Rogue, they're the twin dragons after all. Though, I doubt they would ever pair those two up. They'd thrash everyone.

"The two competitors of your guild will be Minerva Orland and Luna Heartfilia," Mato smiled and continued to the next guild.

'W-Wait! Me?!' I stared blankly, I had no words.

"Oh! This is interesting! I'm sure m'lady and Lu will be able to knock those other guilds out with ease!" Lector beamed, Frosch nodding beside him. "Frosch thinks so too!"

"Sweet!" I felt something heavy weigh on my shoulders, surely enough it was Sting. "I'm sure you two will beat those other guilds, especially the combination of Luna and Minerva!" Sting had his thumb up. My face felt a tint bit hotter.

"H-Hey, that's a bit too much," I laughed.

"This is interesting," Minerva muttered. "I would've never thought I'd be with you," Minerva grinned as she turned to face me. "Your hate for the fairies, use it," she whispered in my ear. I gritted my teeth at the mention of fairies.

"The battleground will be the town of Crocus! Good luck to all participants!" Chapati yelled into the mic, I covered my ears.

As we entered the town, there was a magic device that had appeared in both me and Minerva's hands.

"You start at this point, it is time to go hunting!" I heard Chapati's voice through the countless numbers of screams, likely coming from all the fans.

I was waiting for them to say who was participating, but I guess they wouldn't say it. It is meant to be assassin, isn't it?

I looked down to my device, it had a picture of Hibiki of Blue Pegasus. "I doubt that charmer would hold his ground against the both of us," Minerva smirked, I looked up at her and simply nodded.

I listened in as Chapati explained the rules and things. It was actually pretty simple, if we injure another team that isn't our target or our assassin then we're out. Other rules like that came in, simple. But I am a bit worried, I wonder who the two wizards are from Fairy Tail, huh?

Minerva was already on the hunt, she was a bit ahead of me so I came running behind her like a child. "I found him," Minerva hummed. She jumped onto a roof of a building nearby, I followed behind her.

"He's with Ichiya," I replied with a slight bit of a voice crack. To be fair, it was a little bit nerve racking. Not the fact we're up against Ichiya and Hibiki. It's the fact there is a duo going after the both of us at this moment.

"This is no time to be dawdling, we'll have to make it clear to the fairies we're on top." Minerva snarled. I nodded in response, we spied down on the two for a little while, they were using Hibiki's archive.

I glanced to Minerva, she nodded as if she gave a signal for me to attack. It's my cue then!

My feet were a bit off balance as I stood up. I looked around to see if there were any other competitors around.

"I'll be waiting, Luna," Minerva grinned. I had no response. I quickly jumped down, confronting myself with the two members of Blue Pegasus. I couldn't hear Chapati, could it possibly be that we're not even allowed to hear the announcements?

"Man!" Ichiya held his hands together and made some sort of hand signs, there was sparkles around him.

"Erm...is it just me or is this guy a creep?" I turned around and muttered to myself before looking back at the two boys. Before I knew it, Hibiki had his arm wrapped around me.

"Hey gorgeous," he smiled. "Do you wanna get a bite out to eat? It'd be lovely seeing you again," he touched my chin. A tick mark formed on my forehead. "Grr..." I hissed.

"You pervert!" I squawked, he bounced back.

"Don't even try!" I yelled in anger, I held my hand out as a purple ball appeared in my hand. I have to do this for my guild. They're counting on us!

"Aether Dragon Slayer: Territory," I muttered. My hands glew a dark purple color. The ball began to expand as I threw it out at them.

"Gahh!" The two of them screamed, Ichiya was sent flying as Hibiki tried blocking it. Hibiki managed to stay standing with only a few wounds and injuries.

I cracked my knuckles and smiled, "it's really nice to see you again, Hibiki..." I muttered, I felt my eyes become watery. "But I can't go easy on you, you're my enemy, a foe, so please go down the easy way or I'll have to hurt you even more!" I yelled, his eyes widening in shock.

I gripped onto my celestial keys, I wanted to do this the easy way, I didn't want to hurt Hibiki.

"Hurry"

I heard a whisper in my ear, I turned around to only see Minerva up on a different rooftop.

"Luna? No...Lucy..?" Hibiki said, I gritted my teeth.

"I'm sorry it had to end this way..." I apologized to him, "for what I am about to do to you..." I hesitantly pulled up one of my keys.

"Gate of the Twins, I open thee--" I recited, "Gemini." The two twins appeared in form of me.

"Aether Dragon Slayer Roar!" The both of us screamed as purple toxins engulfed Hibiki in. The poor guy was knocked out cold, I heard a sound coming in from behind though too.

"Found you," The voice said.