Chapter 41 - Family

Authors Note

Play the music when said to

Disclaimer: I did not make the music. The music is by the rightful owners and they deserve all the credit, not me.

-----------------

I gaped at Lavendar for a moment. Her eyes turned red, she was choking as I tightened my grip on her neck.

"Lucy!" Natsu yelled. "Stop! We need answers from her!"

I glanced at Natsu before shaking my head. "Don't worry about her, I can handle it." I gritted my teeth before giving my attention back to Lavendar—Lilith I meant.

"Why do you want the demon gates?" I asked. "What do you want to do with them?"

Lilith didn't respond with anything but a faint laugh.

I loosened my grip before grabbing some rope from my small bag I carried with me. I tied it around her. It should last quite some time before she'll be able to break out.

"Tell me!"

Lilith squinted her eyes before coughing out purple blood. "And why would I bother telling you?" She croaked.

I crossed my arms. "Stalling won't help, tell me and I'll let you live."

"Do you think I'm afraid of death?"

I sighed. "That doesn't help at all."

"Hey Luce!" Natsu's voice echoed. "Let me handle her!" He pushed me out of the way before kneeling down to her. "What's your aim with the keys, huh?!"

I scowled and sighed. "I can't do much about him...can I?" I mumbled.

"Yeah," a response came. "Natsu has always been that way."

I turned and saw Rogue. I gave a small smile. "It was rhetorical," I chuckled.

"Oh," Rogue nodded and smiled. I was sure his face turned just a little bit red.

I giggled. "It's alright Rogue," I said.

"Was Natsu really tormenting you?" Rogue suddenly asked.

I tilted my head in confusion. "Why the sudden topic change?"

Rogue flushed a bright red. "D-Don't take it the wrong way...he just doesn't seem like the guy to do it."

I sighed. "You know...I learnt that the people with the biggest smiles are often the most deceiving..."

Rogue arched a brow curiously. "But...you smile a lot too..."

"Don't you Lucy?"

Before I could say another word, I felt something sharp pierce through my stomach. I winced in pain as the shock frightened me so much. I fell and laid there.

"Lucy!" Voices were yelling my name.

(A/N: Play music linked up the top)

I was losing consciousness. My vision was blurring and I couldn't move. Is this really the end?

What I could see was no longer the stadium hosting the Grand Magic Games... but the guild I had harbored hate for for all of these years.

Rogue's words...they are true...

~
"Hey Natsu! Look!" I waved my right hand up, showing off my new Fairy Tail emblem. "I got my Fairy Tail mark!"

"Oh wow, welcome to the guild Looney..."