Chapter 28 - A Talk

Lucy P.O.V

"Oh hi, Luna!" Wendy cracked a smile, the way she said it made it seem like she was a bit shy. Carla just looked up at me, I had a feeling my eye was twitching a bit. I never expected it to be these two. Out of all the people. I had a bit of a clue that it might have been people from Fairy Tail...but why Carla and Wendy?

"We're not here for you to get mad at us, Lucy." The way she said my name, it irked me. The tone of her voice, it had an impact on me too. Everything about the way they were treating me, though it had been only a few seconds. It all irked me.

It was as if we had never met, and to my surprise, something inside of me made my heart feel like splitting into two.

"Um...Lucy-san..." Wendy switched from saying Luna to my real name, Lucy. I gritted my teeth, it reminded me too much of the past. I saw Wendy's shock in her eyes.

"I'm sorry...can we come in?" She said, slightly slowing down the pace of how fast she talked. I obliviously nodded, "sure, go ahead..." I grumbled, walking into the main lounge room, where I sat on one of the couches.

"Oh, we have guests," I heard Minerva's voice from the kitchen. Most likely cooking our breakfast. She's actually a really good cook, she also got better after a few more years of practice.

"Lucy..." she started, but I quickly cut her sentence short.

"Luna, you mean.." I corrected her. But her response wasn't what I expected, she frowned and put her hand on mine.

"We are so sorry for what happened to you all those years ago!" She quickly yelled, raising her voice. I stared in shock, I quickly turned to Minerva to see if she would say anything, but she didn't. I spun my attention back to her, only to see her have pity in her eyes.

Do you know how it feels when you don't have the strength to say anything because the people you hated so much and were the cause of everything that spun your life around...apologise to you? And you can't say anything? That's how I felt. At that moment, everything went blank. I couldn't do anything besides laugh.

Wendy's grip on my hand loosened and she put her hand on her lap. "W-What's so funny?" She shyly asked. I abruptly stopped, I looked down to Carla then to Wendy.

"No, don't take it the wrong way, Wendy." I chuckled. I don't even know what I was saying anymore!

"I don't blame you, you did nothing wrong..." I reassured her, though deep inside me, I felt like saying otherwise.

"It's all Lisanna, because she returned..." I said, my tone sharpening.

Wendy P.O.V

"Lisanna?" I mumbled, hoping Lucy-san could hear me. Lisanna did nothing wrong! It wasn't Lisanna in the first place...I feel so bad for Lucy-san. Should I tell her?

"Oh," she glumly said, looking down at me and Carla. "I didn't mean to say it that rudely..." she cleared her throat and looked at me intensely, it made a chill go down my spine. Why is Lucy-san so different..?

"That wasn't Lisanna," Carla remarked, fastening the pace of our conversation a bit. "It was nothing but a fake. There was a case where Lisanna actually came back from Edolas, that is the real Lisanna. She only came back just yesterday. The Lisanna you met seven years ago was Bora of Prominence," Carla spilled the truth, Carla seemed unfazed by anything she was saying. Lucy blankly stared.

She stood up, looking down at the both of us. For some weird reason, I felt another chill go down my spine, I cracked a smile in hope that she would understand.

"Is that why she wasn't there yesterday?" Asked Lucy, the tone in her voice was a bit hard to read, but I had a feeling she was confused. I nodded in response.

"I-I hope you forgive us..." I added on, in an awkward tone, I couldn't control my tone. Lucy-san seems so much scarier now. But I'm really glad she's still alive!

She paused for a moment, as if she were hesitating. "I forgive you two..." she started off, I got a bit excited. "But it's a different story for the others, sorry, I can't fully trust you." She harshly remarked, standing up.

My heart melted at that moment, I turned to Carla. "See Wendy? It isn't that simple to sway someone...and I have a feeling that it will take some time for Lucy to get everything through to her head," whispered Carla. I had to have a smile. I simply agreed and we stood up.

"Lucy, do you want to meet the dragon slayer?" Carla quickly said, my eyes widening.

"Wait Carla! You don't have Natsu-san's permission—!" I covered my mouth, a bit embarassed. "H-He's in charge of Mr Dracul-san..." I quietly added.

Carla shook her head. "It's fine, we can figure something out with those idiots later," she reassured me.

"I'm not sure about this..." I muttered to myself, a bit scared of what Erza would say...

"The dragon slayer?" Lucy perked up, turning to us in curiosity. "Yes...please," she slowly said, taking her time to take it in. Carla smiled. "And you're sure?" Carla added, Lucy.

"But—" Carla started off. "In return, you have to reveal yourself as Lucy Heartfilia, a former member of the Fairy Tail guild in the Grand Magic Games. And hear us out after talking to the dragon slayer," Carla smiled.

I knew Carla wouldn't suggest for Lucy to talk to Dracul. Carla never cared less. But who would? I quickly turned to her, she looked up to me. "Gray did, Wendy," she stated. It was as if she could read my mind.

"What?" Lucy looked a bit upset, Carla nodded.

"I can't just do that!" Lucy frowned, banging the coffee table in front of us. It made me sit right back down. I guessed we weren't leaving anytime soon...

"I can't, sorry," Lucy mumbled in apology. She was about to walk away before Carla grabbed her hand.

"Please reconsider," begged Carla. I looked down at her, a bit confused. I went along with it, "please?" I said, hoping this was for a reason.

"No"

"Please?"

"No"

"Lucy-san please..." I begged. She made a loud and exaggerated sigh.

"Fine!"

"Yay!" Carla and I celebrated, we high fived each other and grinned.

Lucy furrowed her brows, crossed her arms and sighed. "It's not like I had a choice..." she slightly puffed her cheeks. "You two made me do it..." her tone stiffened and her voice sounded more forced.

"Oh well..." Carla laughed. "We'll decide when to do this, for now we need to plan some things!" Carla cracked a small smile.

"See you Lucy-san!" I waved goodbye, smiling.

"Luna," she stiffened her lips and corrected me.

We both left the place. But yay! I'm so happy to be able to talk to Lucy! Maybe she'll change her mind because of what we're going to tell her.

Let's hope for the best!