Chapter 17 - Revealed

I woke up to the sound of Natsu's voice echoing through my mind. I jerked up, looking around, oblivious to my surroundings. "Huh?" I muttered, seeing Natsu. I quickly looked down, seeing I was covered in a white blanket. What I realised was, we weren't in Clover Town. "Where are we?" I asked, waiting for answers from the flamehead. "What happened back there?!" I gasped, touching myself from top to bottom.

"Salamander!" I hissed, hoping he would answer from the shout I gave. I didn't have the strength to even say his actual name. I had an answer, someone replied, but not Natsu.

"Fairy Tail," the masculine voice responded, for some reason I recognized it. "We brought you back, it's been two months." He added on, I noticed it was that dragon slayer. "What are you doing here, Mr. Dragon Slayer?" I raised a brow as he furrowed his eyes.

"Would you not call me such?" He stood up, looking to Natsu. "This son of Igneel took me here, blame him," the slayer responded. My eyes turned to the salamandar, glaring at him. "Hey man it sounds like I took you!" Natsu chuckled, looking to his blue partner. "Aye!" The blue cat chirped along. I scowled, annoyed he was making jokes at this time.

"Just tell me what happened!" I wasn't joking anymore, "please?" I added on, seeing Lavendar in the corner of my eye. "Stupid," she mocked me. "You tried casting an ultimate spell, without even mastering it!" Lavendar yelled. Oh, so that's what happened.

I sat up as I looked at my wounded body and sighed. The wounds started glowing like a glistening purple color. Soon enough, the injuries were closed. "I can take care of myself, Lavendar," I defended myself, knowing she was indifferent.

I stumbled as I stood up, out of the bed. "I'll be fine," I mentioned, looking at the dragon slayer. "Psh," he muttered as he turned away. Soon enough, Team Natsu was already in the infirmary. "Can I go back to Sabertooth?" I whined like a baby, the armored female shook her head. "Not until you've recovered," she sternly responded. "Tch," I muttered.

"Look, I'm fine! It's none of your business, Scarlet!" I growled, annoyed they were even trying to help me. I'm not as weak as you thought I am, Scarlet. Scarlet...huh? That name trickled down my throat as if it was a name I have never heard before. They completely abandoned me, just because I was weak. I'm not who I used to be.

"Miss. Heartfilia..." the slayer quickly said, folding his arms. "How about you explain to your friends the meaning of this?"

The sound of friends made me gag. Friends? They were anything but friends. Sabertooth is where I reside. My real friends are in Sabertooth. Not in this twisted guild, Fairy Tail. I was blind, I didn't know up till now. They were nothing but fakes!

"No, I should say Miss. Lucy Heartfilia. Am I correct?" He snickered, my eyes glew up as I quickly rushed to him, pulling him up as he choked. "I dare you, say that again..." I threatened him. I held my other hand into a fist, touching my face as if it were itchy.

Tears?
   Why tears?

I touched my face, it was soaked in water.

Why...
   Why am I crying?

The boy choked as blood gushed out from his mouth. I looked down, loosening my grip on him.

"Lucy?" Those words spat out. I quickly glanced to Natsu, to Gray, to Wendy, to Erza, to Lisanna. It was as if they swallowed the words and took it to heart. "Lucy...don't tell me..." the little blue dragon slayer fell to her knees, covering her mouth. "I-Is it true?" She winced.

Tears trickled down my face. "No!" I winced, gasping for air. "It's not like you guys would even care! All you did was treat me like trash!" I cried, fazed by their confused faces. My words, my mind, at this moment—

They were both totally different things

"Piece of shit, useless, weak, stupid, dumb" I mocked in their voices. "Nonsense!" I shouted, "if you're gonna pretend to even care for somene like me—"

"At least do it right!"

I felt a hand cover my mouth. It was Lavendar. "Why...?" I looked at her, sniffling. "It was bound to happen, Lucy." Lavendar silenced me, looking at my dear old friends. "We'll be taking our leave now, we expect to see you all at the Grand Magic Games..." Lavendar sighed, taking my hand as she dragged me out of the room.

"Weak, humans are so weak" said the dragon slayer before taking a seat, crossing his legs. "Why not go after her? Son of Igneel? Why? You too scared?" He snickered, feeling a punch to his face. "Shut up!" Natsu yelled in anger. "Oh and I forgot to mention..." he motioned to Lisanna, pointing at her.

"You really are a horrible actor—"