Chapter 23 - Assassin Event | Fairies vs. Tigers Pt. 1

The pinkette raged, his fists baring the burning flames, his teeth shining, his eyes sharpened. The words he had just said; "Getting beaten up so easily would be a disgrace to our name!"

Bullshit. It irked me about how they spoke about their guild and how they treasured "family" and "friends" so much. But of course it was a lie, everything was a lie up to now. Sting, Yukino, Minerva, Lavendar, Rogue--Sabertooth! They're my friends, family. Fairy Tail..huh? They're just liars.

"Fire dragon roar!!" The pinkette screeched, flames coming out from his mouth. I held my fingers into a spell form of territory magic.

"Territory," I said as the flames were engulfed by a territorial space in front of me. Gray's eyes widened in shock. "How do you know that magic?!" His voice slightly raised as he asked. I didn't say anything about Minerva teaching me a few simple spells, though I could only use territory magic once in battle. It drains a lot of stamina.

"Hey!! Don't forget me!" The raging Natsu came flying into the both of us, he landed on his feet and inhaled. "Fire dragon roar!" He repeated, I jumped out of the way. Knowing Natsu, he would obviously not have a strategy. I heard laughing from behind me, it disappeared after a bit.

Minerva then appeared behind Gray, I diverted my attention towards the two. "?!" Gray wounded up shocked before taking a huge blow from her. I warmly smiled, "good job, Minerva."

"Hey!!" I heard a voice crack, my stomach was punched through by the raging salamandar. "Gugh!" I winced, landing flat on my back on one of the nearby buildings.

"Hey, what was that just now?" Natsu cracked his knuckles, "you were acting all superior earlier, what happened to that?" He grinned, he put his finger out as if he were suggesting me to come at him. He grabbed me by the shirt and hissed at me. "Lucy..come on, I know you, please come back to us. We all miss you.." he whined.

I glanced at Gray and Minerva who were fighting. Gray took a moment to look at us before continuing the fight. I sighed and turned back to Natsu. I tried resisting his grip but it failed, he gripped onto my shirt even harder. "Lucy.." he repeated like a broken recorder, he frowned.

"I'm not the Lucy you know!" I screamed, I quickly kicked him in the shin, his grip slightly loosening before I slipped out of his hands. I bared my teeth, I didn't care how stupid I looked. "No matter how much you try to bring me back...it won't do anything. You know what you did, I know what you did—"

"So don't even try playing coy with me buddy!" I snapped again.

The expression on his face, it looked hurt. Nonetheless, it wasn't the excruciating pain I felt after Lisanna "miraculously came back from the dead" because, note the sarcasm, it is very possible for someone to randomly come back from the dead.

"I'm not trying to!" Natsu yelled, his fists were burning even more flames. "I cared for you! No, not I. We all cared for you!" He frowned. I stared at him in disbelief.

"That's a lie." I deadpanned.

"It's true."

"No, it isn't," I responded nonchalantly.

"Please Lucy.."

"I swear if you talk to me like one of my friends—!" I panted loudly, I couldn't control myself. "I won't hesitate to hurt you even more than I should! So please!" I mimicked his frown. "Just stop," I frantically said.

"Aether dragon hurricane!" I held my hands out open as a humungous rain cloud appeared above the pinkette. It began to rain down on him like thorns from bushes. "Water dragon claw!" I chanted, there was a huge spiral of water aiming directly at the pinkette.

"Fire dragon brilliant flame!" Both his fiery hands were put together, it generated a huge flame, it was almost as big as the cloud above him. He then unleashed the spell as the rainclouds drifted away. I smiled, little did he know—

I was only just getting started.

The attack coming at him had wounded his backside as he winced. "Urgh!" He shrieked, he bounced back and held his stomach in pain. His hands were all bloody and he looked up at me, not the look he always gave the Lucy of Fairy Tail, more like the Luna of Sabertooth.

"W-Who are you?!" Natsu yelled at the top of his lungs, he coughed out some blood before maintaining his composure. I raised a brow at him as if he were some stupid idiot, but in all honesty, he is a stupid idiot.

"Luna, who else would I be?" I scoffed, "Luna of Sabertooth."

"No, you aren't," said Natsu. "Lucy, you are Lucy of Fairy Tail, nothing will ever change that!" He said, he cracked a small smile, it irked me.

"Shut up," I deadpanned, I grabbed one of my zodiac keys, unsure of who it was. I wasn't thinking straight. I looked down at the key, I saw it was Loke's key. 

"You're crying.." Natsu whispered in a teasing manner. 

"Huh?!" I touched my cheek, I felt something wet, presumably my tears. "I-I..." I stuttered, my face felt hot red. No, he's trying to gain my trust. "Stop..." I muttered, I held out Loke's gate key. "I open thee, the gate of the lion! Leo!" I yelled, a magic circle appearing before me as Loke came out.

"Hello gorgeous, what makes you call me twice in a row today?" He mischievously smiled, "miss me?" He mocked, he put his glasses up straight before turning to Natsu. I gestured to Natsu, he nodded in response. "Taking out this flame head? Alright, as you wish, gorgeous," he looked coy and snickered.

"It's been awhile, Natsu," he waved at him, Natsu gritted his teeth. 

"Loke!! Bring Lucy back to her senses please!" Natsu pleaded, he stood still as Loke continued walking forward to him. He put his glasses up. 

"My master is Lucy, I will follow her whether or not I think she is right or wrong. Even if it means going face to face in a battle of strength with an old pal," he heaved and pulled his sleeves up. He had an orb of light shining from his fist and smiled. 

"It'll be fun duelling with you again, Natsu."

<><><><><><><>

Authors Note

After this chapter I will make my chapters 1000-3000 words long, or if possible I'll make it longer. I mean, it's better than having chapters that are 700 - 1000 words, amirite? lol

Thanks for reading!