Chapter 38 - Lilith the Demon

Lucy remained silent as she stayed with Sting. He held her cheek and smiled.

"I'm sorry if what I'm about to do is insensitive..." Sting remarked.

Rain started pouring as the two were looking into each other's eyes.

"Sting...don't tell me you..."

"I'm sorry."

Before the blonde maiden could react, Sting quickly pulled her closer as he gently placed his lips against hers.

"I love you"

Lucy's hands felt stiff and her whole body was frozen. She couldn't move. Her heart skipped a beat before tears rolled down her face.

"St-Sting..."

Sting stopped as he pulled himself away. He looked at her before he looked back down at the floor.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what to say...this doesn't seem like the right time for anything...for love I mean..." she apologized.

Sting smiled, a tear trickling down his face. "I know, it's okay. But I don't want you to blame yourself any longer. There are people in this world who love you, care for you. Just know that," Sting said.

Lucy wiped away the tears from her eyes. "Thank you Sting. I appreciate your help." Lucy smiled.

"Alright! You two." A stern voice said, the voice of Erza. "I'm sorry to ruin your moment but if we don't stop this in time, things will go the other way and we may not be able to save these innocent people's lives."

Lucy nodded. "I understand."

Sting turned to face Erza as he nodded. "What's the plan?"

"Well, first we need to gather the information that Lucy knows about this. She appeared to have a reaction when the light suddenly burst out of the ground."

Lucy opened her mouth to speak before her mouth was covered by claws, the claws of Kyôka.

"Don't worry Erza, we can explain the details." Kyôka grinned, turning to Fairy Tail and the rest of the guilds.

"I'd rather have it from Lucy." Erza remarked. "You are demons of Zeref, you cannot be trusted."

"Titania," Lucy quickly said, Erza's attention drifting to Lucy. "I'll explain but first thing's first...these demons are under my influence now. They won't do us any harm."

"Argh!" Lucy suddenly screamed, everyone turning to her.

"Lucy!"