Chapter 35 - Denial

Third Person P.O.V
The Last Day Of The Grand Magic Games

Sabertooth stood still, glaring at Fairy Tail.

"All right!" Said Kabo, the mascot in the Grand Magic Games. "The scores are up and these are the last events to redeem yourselves!"

  Scoreboard
1. Sabertooth; 49
2. Fairy Tail; 47
3. Lamia Scale; 44
4. Mermaid Heel; 40
5. Quatro Cerberus; 36
6. Black Knights; 34
7. Blue Pegasus; 30
8. Scarmiglione; 26
9. Dullahan Head; 25
10. Pheonix Grave; 24
(A/N: I may have made up a guild or two there but don't mind that. Thanks ^^)

"The first one on one battle consists of Luna Heartfilia and Sting Eucliffe vs. Natsu Dragneel and Erza Scarlet. An interesting set of pairs! Don't you think?"

Everyone cheered and yelled, some holding up signs for Sabertooth as others did for Fairy Tail.

~ Sting P.O.V ~

"Hold on! Kabo, Luna is—" I started but got interrupted by someone, the voice coming from behind me.

"I'm here, I'm here..."

I turned around in rush, I knew who this was.

She was smiling before she covered my mouth and whispered. "Lavendar sent me back but I have no doubt in mind that she'll keep me here for long..." she said. My eyes widened in shock as I suddenly pulled her into a hug, tears rolling down my face.

"You don't know how worried I was for you!" I cried, Luna was patting me on the back.

"Erm...what did you want to say Sting?" Kabo said into the microphone. I shook my head in reply.

"No nothing, sorry we can continue!"

Kabo nodded. "Alrighty then! You have two minutes to get ready until the timer starts, good luck and have fun!"

I had a slight grin at Luna before I turned around and began heading down the arena. We're fighting Natsu and Titania, the queen of the fairies. I know the title of Salamandar and Titania aren't just for show. They are real. Just like my title and Rogue's. I hope we win.

When we got down, Titania and Salamandar were already waiting for us. I felt the tension rise as we entered the battleground.

I remember the first time fighting Natsu. I was such an idiot back then.

~

"White dragon's roar!" I yelled, the winds piercing through Natsu.

My eyes widened as I saw Natsu barely scratched from the force of my attack.

It was a two on one battle. How did Rogue and I lose? Just to one person too. That's what I thought, until I knew the core of his strength.

"Family, that's the thing your guild lacks. The power to hold your friendships so dear to you that you'd call them your family."

~

I opened my eyes to see the enemies standing before me.

We can't lose this. Our guild is counting on us to take this victor.

I won't let my guild down!

***
~ Lucy P.O.V ~
A Few Hours Ago...

Why did I just storm off like that?

The more I reflect on my actions, the more guilt I feel from just storming away from Anna like that. I'm sure she meant well, it just didn't turn out the way she anticipated. I understand what she was trying to tell me. I was in denial, she was trying to convince me.

I held one hand over one eye, my hand getting wet. I was crying...again.

"Oh adolescent, I never expected you to be crying in your birthday suit."

My eyes widened, my jaw dropped. I was facing with the one I once called friend. Lavendar...

"Lavendar!" I screeched, pausing for a moment.

"No...not Lavendar..."

She smiled, her body morphed into a girl with black hair and red eyes, pointy ears and fangs. Similar to that of a vampire, except not.

"You're right, I was surprised a weakling like you would find out so quickly. How annoying..."

Her voice echoed through the room. I was still hoping that this was all a dream and I would just wake up with Lavendar by my side. The real Lavendar.

I looked up at her, my mouth frozen. She disappeared, until I felt something breathing down my neck. The coldness filling the air. The breathing was sharp and intense, inhumane breathing. The breath of a monster, a demon. It was unsettling. I was frightened enough that I couldn't even move.

Stab

I felt something sharp go into my neck, something stabbed right in. It was no surprise when I saw what had been jabbed into my neck.

It was a syringe.

Lavendar—or whoever this person is...they just injected something inside of me!

"W-What did you just do?!" I yelled furiously, my vision beginning to blur.

"Nothing much...wait and see..."

I blacked out shortly afterward.

When I woke up, I was welcomed by muffled screams and loud banging noises. There was a lot of chatter too but from above. We were underground somewhere.

"What?!" I shrieked out of nowhere. I lost consciousness. But why?

"You're up," said a voice. Lavendar's voice, a deeper version of it. It wasn't the same squeaky voice you heard from Lavendar every day. The voice made you shiver and it had a ring to it saying to not mess with her.

"What did you do?!" I attempted to stand up and grab onto her, but there was something holding me down. I paused for a moment before coming to the realization that I was tied down with ropes.

"I need you to win the Grand Magic Games. Do that and I'll free Anna." She said.

"What?!" I frowned. "I know you are up to no good. There's no way I'd just do that!"

"Don't do it and I'll have to hurt her..." Lavendar hissed. She grabbed onto Anna's neck and strangled her.

"Don't!" I shrieked, I was holding my fear in.

"Do. It. Now."

I scowled. "Only if you promise Anna back..."

"No guarantee."

"Do it or I won't do your bidding, demon!" I hissed. My words felt like knives cutting into me. Lavendar paused for a moment. I knew she wouldn't have any choice if she didn't listen to me.

"Tch, fine then..." she sighed.

***
Present Time
~ Lucy P.O.V ~

I kept thinking of the conversation with Lavendar and I couldn't get through my head. I still saw Lavendar as the same joyful cat I've been with for all this time. She reassured me when Fairy Tail betrayed me, trained me to become stronger, led me to Sabertooth. This is all just messed up.

I wish everything could go back to the way it was before.

"And the match begins now!" Kabo announced.

Fairy Tail: A Fairy's Wing Replaced With A Tiger Fangजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें