Chapter 27 - Former Comrades

Those words echoed through my head like rapidfire. It isn't a hard decision. But why are Minerva's words staying in my head? It makes no sense at all! It's obvious that Yukino's top priority over some keys I only just recieved just minutes ago. Ugh, what am I saying? "Some keys", yeah right, these are demon gate keys. Demons from the real book of Zeref...that's no title for nothing. Zeref...huh?

"What will it be?" Minerva asked, in response, the room went silent. I looked at her, dissatisfied.

"Yukino," I mumbled, "a comrade over a demon key isn't even a decision," I responded. "Yukino is better than a demon key," I muttered under my breath. Minerva shrugged, she took her hand off her waist.

"That's a weird choice," said Minerva. She took a small pause before grinning, "I'll take it," she simply said, her expression made it obvious that she was a bit confused.

"If you're going to make that decision, break Ezel's key," Minerva pointed to one of the keys, it had a marking of four swords. "He's the most useless out of the nine demon gates," she smirked. "And the most annoying too," she rolled her eyes.

"Um..." I froze for a second before I looked down at the key, hesitating to even touch it. I grabbed it, closed my eyes in worry that I would get poisoned too, though it didn't happen. "Okay, thank you Minerva..." I smiled.

Minerva chuckled and turned around. Minerva stared impatiently, that was until she opened her mouth. "I have no more time for this anymore, I'll be upstairs," she left upstairs, leaving us all looking at her.

Sting and Rogue with their exceeds remained silent.

I gripped onto the key as tight as possible, enough to break a normal key. Unfortunately, it wasn't that simple. It didn't even crack. I used quite a bit of my strength on it. I stood up, not saying a word, she said to break it, so I did just that. No more hesitating.

"Woah! Luna's pretty strong!" Lector beamed, he looked down at the shattered pieces of what once was a key. There was purple glass shards scattered across the hallway now.

"Oh no," Sting's jaw dropped. "We gotta clean this up now!" Sting frowned, he quickly looked to Yukino. The dark purple poison was gone, just like that. Poof. Her eyes slowly opened and she sat up. I smiled at her.

"Thank goodness you're okay..!" I held her cold hand and grinned. "Are you feeling alright? You can get some rest now if you need to," I suggested. She didn't respond straight away, but when she did she nodded with a small "okay" too.

"It'd be good for some rest," she added with a pause in between. She stumbled a bit but eventually stood up, making her way up the stairs.

"I'm glad..." Rogue sighed, "at least she's okay..." said Rogue, smiling. Sting placed his arm onto Rogue's shoulder and grinned. "Yep! Pretty good she's alright, eh Rogue?" Sting smiled.

"I guess so..." Rogue answered, slightly blushing. Lector had a smug look on his face, "Rogue~~" he hummed happily, mischieviously grinning too.

The Next Day...
Third Person P.O.V

It was the second day of the Grand Magic Games. Lucy woke up at her usual time, at 8:00 to be exact, only to hear that there was someone that wanted to see her downstairs.

"Ugh..." she sighed and jumped off out of bed. She made her bed, making it all nice and tidy. She raised a brow at Sting who was looking at her get out of her bed. "You don't have to watch me do my morning routine you know," Lucy sarcastically retorted, rolling her eyes.

Sting grinned back in response. "A member from another guild wanted to say hi to you, she's downstairs now," he remarked, Lucy's eyes lightened up.

"Really?" She tied her hair in a high ponytail, "that's not usual," said Lucy, puffing her cheeks.

"Well..." Sting grinned, "it'd be nice to get out of your room and say hi, you know." He told her, looking at her.

"The games are still on though, can't that wait?" Lucy whined. It was clear that she didn't want to speak to this person. Sting shook his head, chuckling at her response.

"Nah, the games were apparently postponed until later this afternoon," Sting smirked. "Come on..." he pleaded, Lucy chuckled remorsefully.

"Fine..." Lucy sighed, glaring at Sting. "I'm gonna change now," she said, signalling for Sting to leave. Though he didn't get it and just smiled.

Lucy waited a few more seconds, though everything was just awkwardly silent. She raised her fist up and angrily stared at the blonde. "Get out!!" She hissed like a snake, Sting jumping. "And tell that person I'll be down there!" She pushed Sting out the door, slamming it shut.

She sighed, looking in the mirror at herself. "Oh well..." she muttered, "the idiot deserved it," she smiled to herself.

"That's not very nice," a small voice said. Lucy rolled her eyes, "you can't say that after you suggested that we should kill that person yesterday," Lucy reminded her. Lavendar frowned.

"Look, adolescent!" Lavendar banged on her dresser. "Everything isn't all sunshine and rainbows, there are tough decisions you have to make at these sorts of times. It's not like I didn't want an alternative!" Lavendar yelled, Lucy furrowed her brows.

"So what? You're going to kill someone who could possibly not even be involved in this?! I can't just take someone's life that easily," Lucy frowned, changing.

"I di—" Lavendar started to say, though interrupted.

"Look!" Lucy raised her voice, startling Lavendar. "You may have thought this through but I don't have the mental strength to murder somebody," she said in honesty. "Let's casually drop this topic and talk about this another time, please Lavendar!"

Lavendar frowned in defeat. "Fine!" She squeaked, clearly mad. "But I'm telling you—this will come back to you again someday! And I'm not here to help you when Zeref comes after you..." she said, annoyed. Lucy didn't respond, she finished changing and left the room without another word.

She hurried down the stairs, nervous and confused, though excited at the same time to see who would want to see her at this time. She saw the two people.

And to her surprise, it was two of her former comrades, Wendy Marvell and Carla.