Chapter 37 - Truce?

~ Lucy P.O.V ~

I grinned at Natsu mischieviously as I held up one of my demon gate keys.

"Wh-What is that?" Natsu stuttered. "I sense tremendous power from it..."

I took a deep breath as I took out another demon gate key. This should end the battle. I memorised the chant to summon them so I should be able to summon two of them. I hope this works. It's all or nothing.

"O all mighty Black Wizard, I plead for your power in attempt to defeat the one before me—"

"What is she chanting..?" Natsu wondered, staring at me.

"Give me the strength to use the demons of your book as I offer you my sanity and loyalty—"

"I open thee—the Goddess of the Chill Moon: Seilah!"
"I open thee—the Goddess of the Slave Planet: Kyôka!"

~ Third Person P.O.V ~

The sky turned red as the sun illuminated a purple ray of light. The two demons appearing before Lucy.

Natsu's eyes widened as he gaped at the two demons.

"What?!" Natsu yelled. "Why are they here?!" He screamed angrily.

"I'm surprised a single human could summon the both of us like this," said one of the demons, Kyôka.

Seilah smiled. "Expected by the child of the one who forged us into these keys," said Seilah. "How shall we serve you, Lady Heartfilia?"

"Ooooh!" The judges up top yelled.

"This is an interesting turn of events ladies and gentlemen!" Chapati grinned and yelled furiously into the microphone. "The sky is red and the sun has turned purple!" Chapati screamed. "I wonder what will happen next!"

Yajima raised a brow. "Those are the demons of Tartaros!" He thought to himself. "How did Luna get her hands on them?!"

"Interesting," Erza said, clashing with Sting. "Flight armor!" Erza requipped into another one of her armors as she ran around Sting, waiting for a perfect moment for attack.

"Luna's done it. Fairy Tail will lose this match!" Sting grinned.

"Not if Natsu can help it." Erza replied. "I know that idiot can achieve victory."

"Well, sorry, Luna's way more powerful than Salamander."

The two demons were standing side by side.

"Fire dragon roar!!" Natsu yelled, his body beginning to ache.

"Urghh!!" Natsu screamed in pain. "GUHH!!"

Natsu fell onto his knees, every inch of his body feeling excrutiating pain. "W-What did you—"

"Shh..." Kyôka snickered. She pointed her index finger and put it up against his mouth, her claws cold.

Seilah kept her nonchalant expression as she watched silently.

"Natsu!" Erza screamed, holding her sword up to Sting.

Seilah's expression suddenly turned as she began to frown. She tapped her master, Lucy on the shoulder. "Lady Heartfilia, I feel tremors of magical power eminating from below us."

"What?!" Lucy looked at Seilah blankly. "Wait! But Lavendar said she wouldn't—"

"We demons despise humans, an exception with you. What do you think that demon feels about you, Lady Heartfilia?"

"No, it can't be—"

Before she could say anything more, a beam of light appeared in the center of the arena, it's light shining so bright you would have to cover your eyes. People began to collapse and the sky turned black with the moon shining red.

"NO!!!" Lucy screamed. "Stop the battle! Now!"

Lucy held her chest in awe from the light. "Lavendar...please stop..." she mumbled.

"Oh goodness!" Chapati yelled, the microphone wasn't even that loud anymore. "I feel dizzy..." Chapati said into the microphone.

"Lucy!" Natsu gripped onto her shoulders before frowning. "What the hell are you doing?! Why is all of the non-magic users collapsing?!"

"Don't jump to conclusions, Natsu." Erza stated sternly, she held onto his shoulder with Sting right behind her.

"I say we make a temporary truce for the time being, is that alright with you?" Erza looked to Lucy. Lucy shrugged.

"I don't know...everyone's going to die soon and because of me!" Lucy cried.

"Luna!" Sting yelled, running up to her as he pulled her into a hug. "Don't blame yourself...it's not your fault!"

Lucy smiled before tears rolled down her face and she hugged him even tighter.

"Hey!" Natsu yelled. "How long are you guys gonna hold that lovey dovey moment for?" Natsu gagged. "People are dying here!"

Sting frowned. "Be a gentlemen and give Luna the time to let out all of her tears."

"Lucy..." said Lucy, covering her mouth.

"Huh?" Sting stared.

"There's no need for the nickname anymore Sting..." she smiled. "I'm content with my identity."

Sting smiled. "It's a good thing you are..."

"Lucy..."

***

***

The guilds assembled as they made a temporary truce. The light stopped shining but everyone with no magical abilities all collapsed. It was up to the guilds to help them all.