Chapter 25 - Box

I looked down at the injured pinkette, tears rolling down my face. It hurt so much, but he deserves it! I mustered my strength, took a deep breath and glared. "And lastly--!"

"This is for kicking me out of Team Natsu!"

I thrashed him once more. I saw his face, it was twisted in pain and anger at once. It wasn't a beautiful sight. He was officially knocked down. I felt my knees break and fell down to them. I broke down into tears. I felt a warm hand on my shoulder, I looked up, it was Minerva. I covered my mouth and cried. "Why?" I questioned myself aloud. "Why am I crying? He was so horrible to me..." I sniffled, though my whimpering was hardly audible.

"Get up, Luna," she sternly ordered.

"H-Huh?" I looked up at her, slightly confused by her demeanour.

"We won, haven't we?" She cracked a cocky grin and kept it plastered on her face for quite a little while. In quick response, I turned only to see Gray knocked out. I glanced over to Natsu too who I had just recently fought with, he was also knocked out.

"And the winner of the first preliminary event is Sabertooth!" The announcer yelled. Minerva was all beaten up, I stood up and smiled to myself. I think my eyes were all puffy and red from all the crying I had.

"You were strong, Sting and Rogue were right about you from the start. It's good to see you in action," said Minerva.

"T-Thanks..." I mumbled. I felt a slight bit of pride and happiness at that moment. It was the first I've had in the last seven years.

"Natsu!!" A squeaky voice screamed, I knew that voice anywhere, of course, I did.

"Happy..." I murmured. The cat went flying to his partner's side, crying.

"How could you do this to Natsu?" He sniffled. I felt the desire to cradle him and tell him it's gonna be okay and Natsu will be fine, but that just isn't the case. The world isn't that simple. 

Other members of Fairy Tail came storming down to the town, most noticeably Juvia who was holding Gray in her arms. "Gray-sama..." she sniffled. I couldn't watch this, I turned away and crossed my arms.

Later that day...
Third Person P.O.V

After the first day of the games, Sabertooth went back to their place they were staying at for the meanwhile. Lucy, Minerva, Sting, Yukino, Rogue, Frosch, Lector and Lavendar were sitting by a table, eating.

"Hahaha!" Sting laughed, "Luna and M'lady beat them up so bad!" 

Lucy raised a brow, she looked dissatisfied with what Sting said. "I don't know Sting..." she banged the table. "Sorry, I need to take this all in," said Lucy. She quietly left the table and out to the balcony, since they were on the second floor. 

Rogue silently watched, Frosch on his lap. "Hasn't Lucy--or no, Luna been acting strange lately?" Rogue spoke up, catching everybody's attention. Sting blankly stared at him, shook his head and took a drink of water.

"I don't believe so?" He responded in a questioning demeanor. 

Minerva was smiling in response. "I suppose she has a lot to think about, she used to be a fairy herself, haven't you considered that yet, Rogue?" Minerva replied in a brassy tone, she held a glass of water and drank some of it.

Rogue had a small tint of blush on his face, though he quickly hid it underneath a black scarf he was wearing. 

"Aww! Don't tell me you like her!" Sting teased, he made googly eyes. "Frosch thinks so too!" Frosch jumped. Rogue quickly jumped back.