9. maul

We landed with a loud thud. I felt y body recoil from the shock of hitting the ground. Without looking I knew I was definitely bruised, I hoped that that was the extent of the damage. Next to where Bakugo and I lay was Kirishima who was in good condition thanks to his hardening quirk. Bakugo was already starting to get onto his feet but, was just as bad if not even worse than I was.

My senses were overrun with adrenaline. Eyes darting left and right, ears listening for any sound out of fear of what could be approaching. I concentrated on every little sound that I could hear from the surrounding area. Even though I was concentrating on every sound, I failed to notice the noise coming from the two people next to me.

"Hey Y/N!" Bakugo barked concern hidden under his sharp command. "Are you ok?"

I nodded looking down at my arms and legs, bruises and cuts littered them.

"We need to be alert. If the villains are attacking they're going to target the kids." I said trying to hide my nervousness by taking control of the situation. Bakugo and Kirishima weren't fooled. They both stared at me with concerned expressions. The look on their faces reminded me of the pity I got from the mark that used to be on my face. The mark that led me to my soulmate. I looked up at Bakugo who was much worse off than I was. I couldn't. I wouldn't let him get hurt any further.

We needed to make a plan.

"We should stop and make sure we're ok." Kirishima suggested offering a small grin. I shook my head trying to look for a good vantage point. 

"She needs to stop and calm down before we even think of formulating a fucking plan." Bakugo said, grabbing my wrist and pulling me toward him. I looked over at Kirishima for help out of this situation but he shrugged and agreed with Bakugo's comment.

"Don't worry about me we have bigger issues there are villains attacking the school!" I shouted. Trying to pull my hand away from Bakugo. Kirishima took a step forward and was about to help when Bakugo shot him a quick glare.

"Listen you fu-" He paused searching for different words. "Listen idiot no one is doing anything until we sit the fuck down and make sure that we're ok." It didn't take long for me to notice Bakugo's shift in attitude. The explosive Bakugo that I had been getting attached to had vanished. It took me a second of standing and staring at my feet before I gained the courage to look into his eyes. Worry filled them as he looked over my bruised body.

"Well she looks fine what next?" Kirishima broke the heavy silence that had blanketed. Bakugo tore his eyes away for a second to look at him and nod in agreement. I definitely wasn't fine but in comparison to Bakugo I was amazing. The adrenaline that had filled me was gone and the pain that I should've felt much earlier hit me in waves.

"Can we make that plan now?" I suggested putting on a brave face and trying to ignore the pain I felt coursing through my body. The two boys looked at me and grinned. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Ten minutes later I was standing between them using my power to the best of my ability. The second trouble had arrived the two boys sprung into action. Unfortunately for them falling from the fucking sky doesn't help you fight in the slightest. Especially when you're fighting a range of different people with varying quirks.

Without a plan they both burnt out completely running out of energy. I bit back against the pain and channeled my quirk sending surges of power out.

This kept up for several long minutes. As every second passed I felt the effect of my quirk lessening and my body becoming drained of energy. Black crept up on my vision as I sent out the final bursts of energy in me toward strengthening their quirks.

Both Bakugo and Kirishima were so caught up in the fight they didn't notice it when I started to cough. I had used up too much of my energy it was starting to wear down on my health.

I heard the sounds of celebratory cheering and loud explosions as I crumpled to the ground. A sound of cheering followed by concerned shouts. I let the fatigue consume me as Bakugo shook me screaming for me to open my eyes.

At the sound of Bakugo's concerned shouts I gained a sudden burst of energy. I opened my eyes for a second and we locked gazes. Just before I blacked out again I managed to utter a single sentence.

"Don't worry about me."

________________________________

I have mixed feeling about this chapter

-Ai