10. made

I woke up surrounded by worried faces. My mother looking at the ground wringing her hands, my classmates in small groups whispering fearfully, Bakugo's worried expression and intense gaze as he sat in a corner...

When I opened my eyes they all turned toward me. Relief spreading onto all of their faces in waves. Immediately the room erupted into scattered voices.

“Y/N don’t you ever use your power that much!”

“We were so worried”

“Never do that again.”

"I'm so happy you're ok!"

“You helped Bakugo and I out a lot,” I smiled in silent than's. "However, it would be unmanly of me to not make you promise to never use that much of your energy again." Kirishima said. The rest of the class nodded agreeing with what he had said.

A loud cough came from the corner where Bakugo was sitting. He glared at the class and got them to leave the room within seconds. I smiled at him remembering how worried he was earlier. In an instant his worry turned into anger.

“You shithead why the fuck did you do something so fucking stupid.” He barked out standing up and walking over to the hospital bed and the beeping monitor.

“I couldn’t not do anything! You were fighting so hard- I felt useless just sitting back!” I shouted back. I looked down at my hands unable to meet his angry eyes.

“Besides you wouldn’t of been able to win if I hadn’t helped.” I muttered under my breath.

“What the hell did you just say.” OH SHIT. COME ON Y/N SAY SOMETHING. I took a deep breath and looked up at Bakugo.

“I said you wouldn’t have been able to win if I hadn’t helped.” His expression twisted millions of emotions coming over his face at once.

“You’re an idiot.” He murmured under his breath coming closer his gaze softening. I closed my eyes and nodded smiling in agreement.

Before I could open my eyes I felt something soft hit me. My eyes flew open, Bakugo was asleep ashy blonde hair spiking up and invading my vision.

A warm feeling spread through me. Was he that worried that he didn't sleep? I smiled, too stunned to process what was happening at the moment.

A minute passed of me sitting with him stunned unable to decide what to do. I lowered my hands onto his head and rested them on his hair. The soft texture was surprising considering the fact that it spiked up in all directions. It was at that moment that I realized that it was bedhead. I slapped a hand on my mouth to keep in the laughter that threatened to spill out.

Seconds passed and I continued to be amused by the fact that he had gone on a date with bedhead. A small portion of me felt offended but the rest was ready to tease him once he woke up.

“Hone- OH…” My eyes shot toward the door only to see my Mom who was taking pictures from various angles. I smiled and let her have her fun- not that I could get up and do anything if I wanted to.

“You seem to have changed your mind about him since the last time we talked about him.” I blushed remembering how mad at Bakugo I had been.

“I didn’t know him that well then…” I trailed off continuing to play with his hair. She started laughing at my previous statement the warm sound of it filling the room.

“What did I tell you!” She said continuing to laugh as my blush deepened.

“Hey!” I shrieked laughing with her. We both tried to stop laughing wary of the sleeping bomb on my lap. As our laughter subsided and silence filled the room. A thought crossed my mind as my eyes swept over the room.

“Where’s Dad?” I said flashing a quick smile. There was not a doubt in my mind that he wasn’t alright. Dad never got hurt he always came back home to us at the end of the day with a disgruntled expression. He always came home in one piece. He was always around to make mom laugh. He was always home to pet the cat and complain about his day. He was always there to make me feel safe. He was always strong. He was untouchable.

When Mom looked down at the floor avoiding my gaze I found my reassurance that he was safe crumbling. She opened her mouth to start talking- looked down at the sleeping boy on my lap and closed it.

“Now isn’t the time honey…” She trailed off. Frustration built in me.

“Now isn’t the time for what? He’s my dad I should know what’s happening.” I demanded my voice rising. She met my gaze realization coming over her, as her own frustration subsided.

“I’m afraid he’s in critical condition.” My heart shattered

________________________________________________________

AY YO THIS CHAPTER WAS OK I GUESS????

ANYONE WANNA SEE A BAKUGO TEXTING FIC???
VOTE ON THIS CHAPTER OR COMMENT IF THAT IS THE CASE

ALSO THIS STORY IS #16 IN SOULMATEAU LIKE WHAT THEEEE

-AI