23. muse

I raced down the halls searching for Uraraka who had disappeared within the building.

I was about to round another corner when I heard a female voice coming from one of the rooms I had passed.

"Don't worry about me Izuku I'm fine!" Her voice wavered as she spoke. Who did she think she was fooling?

"Oh ok," Midoriya responded reluctance clear in his voice. She laughed a forced laugh and stepped out of the room causing me to duck behind the corner.

Why was I hiding?

Despite my inner turmoil I continued to hide behind the corner and listen. Uraraka picked up the phone and started talking to someone on the other end.

"I'm sorry Dad." She choked out tears welling up in her eyes threatening to spill out at a moments notice. I sunk down to the floor leaning against the wall as she spilled her heart out. It felt wrong to listen in to this conversation.

I got up and started to walk away, I could talk to her later, for now, she needed to be alone.

Stepping back out into the crowd I was met with the sound of laughter from my classmates.

"Hey, it's Y/N." Kirishima laughed gesturing for me to come over and sit with the rest of the class.

Thanks for finally noticing.

I sat next to Bakugo who looked like he was about to blow up the stands where we were sitting. The rest of the class laughed and smiled teasing Bakugo over what had happened during the match.

"Whatever." He grumbled slumping over in his seat.

"Lighten up!" I laughed nudging him. He continued to pout.

"ARE YOU READY FOR THE MATCH TO START!?" Uncle Yamada shouted over the loudspeakers signaling the contestants to step out into the arena. The crowd cheered and for a second Bakugo stopped pouting and looked to see who was going to fight.

Midoriya was the first one to be visible as he stood noticeably nervous on one side of the arena. Todoroki stepped out looking quite uneasy, his eyes flicking around the arena.

Something was up.

"You think it has something to do with that shit earlier?" Bakugo asked his voice barely above a whisper. I nodded.

That would shake up anyone.

Dad and Uncle Yamada continued to drone on about the upcoming match as my lack of energy grew. I leaned my head on Bakugo startling him for a second.

"Just stay still I'm going to go to sleep," I grumbled leaning closer to the human heater.

"Yeah, whatever." He grumbled relaxing and moving slightly so that my neck was in a more comfortable position.

"DEAR GOD YOU TWO ARE SO BORING." Mina groaned. The rest of the class nodded agreeing with her sentiment. I scooted closer to Bakugo.

Y'ALL ARE DISRUPTING MY NAP.

"Hey, Bakugo?"

"What?"

"Fill me in on what happens."

Silence fell and everything faded away.

I woke up 30 minutes later when Bakugo moved suddenly and jerked me back to consciousness. The pulsing sound of the stadium immediately brought me back to my senses and drew my attention to the arena.

A battered Midoriya covered in bruises was in the middle of saying something to Todoroki.

"What did I miss?" I muttered straining my ears to catch a word of what they were saying. The crowd continued to be obnoxiously loud screaming things down at the boys who were in the midst of a heated debate. Midoriya screamed something at Todoroki who immediately looked shocked trying and failing to compose himself.

I turned toward Bakugo who was watching the interaction with slight annoyance. His brows furrowed as he watched them talk almost as if he knew what they were saying. I sighed leaving him alone and continuing my quest to figure out what was happening.
Just when I thought I knew what was happening Todoroki activated his flames. A large arc of orange, yellow and red shot up from his left side.

What the hell was happening now.

One second they aren't even fighting just arguing the next second Todoroki activates a power I haven't seen and stares at some big fire guy in the crowd. Midoriya just sorta stands there smiling for some unknown reason and then charges at Doki Doki over here who is still somewhat stunned. Next thing I know Midoriya is unconscious and has left a dent in the wall. Medics come in people are screaming and no one has explained what the hell was going on.

"Hey, dumbass follow me." Bakugo barked out exiting the stands. I glanced apologetically at my classmates before running after him. We needed to stop doing this. When was the last time we went somewhere without him dragging me.

It's time for you to take control.

"Hey wait up!" IF YOU WANT ME TO COME WITH YOU YOU NEED TO SLOW DOWN.

He ducked into one of the preparation rooms dropping onto a chair.

"You don't have to yell at me to get me to see you off." I pointed.

"Yeah whatever." He sighed staring up at the ceiling. A thick layer of silence falling between us.

Holy h e c k this is awkward.

"Y/N?" He asked shifting his gaze to meet mine. My heart fluttered.

"Yeah what?" I moved closer to him pulling a chair out. It scraped across the floor causing the both of us to wince.

"What did you think of Todoroki last round?" I paused Bakugo looked almost worried, not his usual cocky self.

"Why?" He shrugged standing up and walking to the door.

"It's nothing." He opened the door and stepped out into the hall. I followed mindlessly walking back to the stands.

It's the last round. This time its Bakugo vs. Todoroki...

I glanced to the side looking at Bakugo who was unconsciously biting his lip. He turned down a hall toward the area entrance. I turned toward the stands waving goodbye.

He turned away continuing down toward the arena as I stared after him his figure rounding the next corner.

What the hell are you doing?

I ran toward him ignoring my pounding headache that had just returned. He turned around confusion spreading across his features.

"You're going to do great you know that?" I pulled him into a hug my heart beating rapidly and my mind screaming about how awkward this was. He hesitated for a second before reciprocating his arms wrapping around my back lightly. As if he was afraid he would crush me.

I leaned up and kissed him.

A beautiful buring sensation filled me flooding and pulsing. I melted into it.
___________________________________

YALLLLLLL

I LIKE THis chapter except for the beginning bc I realized I had no idea what the hell I was doing with Uraraka. Nice job me.

-Ai