Chapter 5

Jeff  T.K POV
Finally arrive back to the mansion, slamming the door in anger. Everyone stares in confusion of the fact that, not only did I arrive back early. But also the fact I was covered in mud.
"Jeff, what you doing back? I thought your mission was going to take a while?"
Sadie asks. She was always the type to question everything.
Scoffing, rolling my eyes, I drag my feet as I head towards the kitchen table, slumping down in a chair. Taking my knife out of my pocket and smoothing the blade.
"Some idiot ran right into me in the forest. To which they then tried to feel my face."
I growl angrily as I hear a familiar laughter at the back of the room, BEN walking in, sitting in the chair opposite me.
"They tried to feel your face?!! Usually they run away screaming."
He laughs, causing a few more chuckles from the others. I quickly stand, my chair flying back as I point my blade to BENs throat. Causing him to raise his hands in a false surrender. The room falls silent.
"As, I, was, SAYING!.. They threw me off my game, so I returned."
I snarl, before leaning back and stepping away from the table. Resting my back against the wall as I stare down at my fallen wooden chair.
"What did they look like?"
A voice asked. Which happened to belong to eyeless jack. Otherwise known as EJ, for the main reason that there is more than one Jack living here.
"I dunno. I didn't see their face."
I shrug, scratching my head with the tip of my knife. Trying to think back.
"They had some sort of hospital dress on and it looked like they used part of it for a mask.. AH! But there was something really funny! The fool, when we fell, they landed on this sharp-ass twig. Right through the thigh! Bleeding like hell. They just grab it and rip it out, before running away! Not even a single cry.. ruin the fun.. But, they ran in a different direction to where I was heading, so I don't know where they-"
Suddenly the door swings open and the person I was talking about barges in.

Readers POV
It seemed like I had been running for ages. The forest was so big and so intimidating. So easy to get lost, especially with the heavy heavy fog surrounding every direction. It also didn't help that I had a massive hole in my thigh. It didn't hurt but I was losing a lot of blood. Which wasn't ideal.
Although, my luck seemed to be turning. As I continued forward, a building came into view. A cabin? Maybe a house? It was neither. It was a huge, dark and well hidden mansion. Crows cawing and shrieking around it. Flapping their wings endlessly around its roof.
"Please be empty.."
Testing my luck one more time, I make a run for he door, grabbing the handle, turning it and shoving the door open. Running inside before spinning around and slamming it shut with both of my hands. Panting roughly. I was so out of breath it was unreal.

Taking a few steps back, I turn around, only to instantly freeze. The room was full of people, all staring at me. Each and every one of them holding some sort of weapon. Oohhh fuuck..
I awkwardly turn my head to look around and catch a glimpse of someone I recognised. The one with the cut smile, who had collided with me in the forest. This wasn't good.
I starting taking a few steps back before spinning around, rushing to make an exit but instantly bump into something, causing me to once again back away and look at the obstacle obstructing the door. I watch as a tall figure stands there, it's hand reaching down and locking the door. The figure was wearing pretty much all grey, including gloves. A hoodie with it's hood up over it's head and they wore a dark blue mask which appeared to have black tar oozing from the black eye sockets. I could feel it's stare burning into me.

I continue to back away, but that just lead two arms to wrap around me and restrain me, pinning my arms behind my back as they harshly hold my chin with their other hand. All the figures in the room start to walk closer. But the one I bumped into was the one to approach me. Its knife raising to meet my gaze.
"I'm - I'm sorry! I didn't mean, I didn't know this was your-"
"Did you follow me?"
I raise my eyebrows. But I doubt they would have seen that due to my rubbish attempt at a 'mask.
"Wh-What?"
"Did, you, follow, me!"
It growls, bringing the knife even closer to my face with each word. But they soon glance down to my leg as blood pours out.
"How did you not feel that?"
It whispers quietly. Loud enough for only me to hear. Just about. Huh..?
"What's going on In here?"
A voice bellows. It sounded as if the voice was traveling directly through my brain. It was almost disorienting. When suddenly a figure appears in the room. Just appears, out of no where. Full blown teleportation. I was shocked. But that only made me more scared. Who were these people?
The figure approaches me. It's was the most menacing thing I had ever seen. It was tall, very tall. Must be at LEAST 7ft maybe even 8ft tall. Or more! It was very slim and pale as it wore a black suit. But as I took in how pale it was, I noticed something. It had no... facial features? But how is that possible? No eyes, no ears, no mouth no nose no eyebrows! Not even a single characteristic to suggest it was human. But that wasn't the only thing. It had, tendrils flailing rapidly behind it. Protruding from its back in solid black colour, just like its suit.
"W-Wh-What are you..?!"
I couldn't help but stutter. But I instantly regret speaking, because as soon as I finish my last word, it angrily storms over. A loud static ringing in my ears as it dramatically leans down. It's featureless face staring right at me.
"Do not speak! You are not permitted to ask questions. You will only answer. Is that understood?"
How could it be talking? Surely it's talking? I can hear it, and I'm assuming everyone else can, judging by their expressions. Well, those who aren't wearing masks. But, it has no mouth? So how could it?
"I SAID IS THAT UNDERSTOOD!"
I suddenly jump and whimper as I had completely forgotten to answer as I was too captivated by the figure In front of me.
"Y-Yes! Understood...!"
I breath a sigh of relief as the figure nods slightly. Leaning back up to a straight posture. But keeping its 'face' locked down on me.
"You are in a mansion where I hold the most wanted criminals in this city. Murderers, ghosts, demons and monsters. It is well hidden away from the public and no human can ever find it. So how did you? Did you follow Jeff?"
It asks, pointing towards the cut Smile. Who I now know as 'Jeff'. Making the assumption the he is a Male. But then it suddenly hit me. Murderers! Demons! Monsters!!!??
I begin to violently thrash around, desperately trying to break free from the one restraining me but they were unbelievable strong.
"Please! Don't hurt me! I didn't follow anyone, I found this place on my own! Please let me go, I won't tell anyone-"
I was interrupted by the low and deep chuckle of the tall figure. The sound vibrating through my ear drums.
"You cannot leave. There is no leaving. You found this place, we can't trust you to run off and tell of us. Though, no one would believe you. No, you shall stay here. You can act as the maid of the mansion. Cater anyone to their needs. Punishments will be given if you miss behave."
With that, the tall figure begins to walk away and I begin to panic.
"No! No please! I-"
"Jack. Fix her leg. Jeff, find her a uniform."
Jack? Who was jack?! And how did it know my gender?! I was so confused. But I didn't have time to think it over, as the blue masked man known as 'Jack', storms over to me, grabbing my arm and dragging me away.