Chapter 40

I slowly stand to my feet. Watching Jeff the entire time I do so, hoping that the slower I take to stand, the higher the chance he'll wake up and help me. But he doesn't wake. He remains unconscious on the bed, or at least asleep by this point.
Sighing deeply, I bend down and lean over him, kissing his forehead softly before quietly leaving the room and heading down to Slenders office. I already knew what he was going to talk to me about. The deaths.. and I was to blame. But I was still so scared of what he was going to do. Force me to leave? Kill me? Make me stand a trial to see if I'm guilty and prevent me from evening having a choice? Maybe keep me prisoner or forbid me to see Jeff.. Out of all of those, I'm not sure which would be worse at this point..

Once I reach Slenders office. I don't knock right away. I needed a few seconds to calm myself and prepare for what was behind the door.
Taking a deep breath, I raise my hand and make a fist, reaching to knock the door. But just before I do so, Slender ordered me to entire. I never even got a chance to knock. It's like he knew I was there.. Everything is going to be okay.. I try to reassure myself as I open his office doors, stepping inside. But once I see what was waiting for me, my heart rate increased dramatically almost instantly. It was the Rake. The monster that had attacked me all that time ago not long after I first came here as a maid. He had a metal collar around his neck to which a long chain was attached, restraining him as the other end of the chain  attacked to a buckle in the wooden floor.
I slowly make my way over to Slenders desk, watching Rake the entire time after every step I took. He too watched me intensely. Growling lowly as I grew closer. Stopping once I reach the desk.

"Since you came to live here. Members living in this mansion have died. Others could have been harmed too."
Slender began talking straight away. Cutting right to the point. Not even a little warm up. Just dived right in.
"So I have to make a choice on what to do with you. Allowing you to stay could be a potential hazard towards the others-"
"Look Slender, I really really sorry! I didn't mean-"
"HOW DARE YOU INTERRUPT ME!"
He yells angrily, standing out of his chair. His tendrils flailing quickly behind him. The Rake becoming more and more restless beside him. Snarling and drooling at the mouth.
I couldn't help but gulp as Slenders tall figure leans down over his desk. His featureless face only inches away from mine. My breathing became shaky as I started to panic. I realised I wouldn't be able to manipulate or kill Slender as he has no eyes for me to lock onto.
"I have 2 options. One, I let Rake kill you right here right now. Leaving no evidence you were even here-"
"You can't do that! Jeff wouldn't forget about me! He'd remember I was here!-"
"I AM GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF YOU INTERRUPTING ME!"
He roars as a tendril wraps around me tightly, lifting  me into the air, squeezing tighter and tighter. So much so I couldn't speak a work and could barely breathe.
"The second option is to force you to leave and never to return. By which you will have no contact with anyone remaining here. Including Jeff. If you try to return, Rake will kill you without hesitation."
Slender lowers me back to the ground, unwrapping his tendril. But the moment he does so, I instantly gasp for air harshly. Drawing in as much oxygen as I possibly could.
"Make your choice."
This was not fair. I want to stay and be with Jeff but that means Rake would kill me. But if I leave, I never get to see Jeff again.
"Please Slender.. I.. I love Jeff.. don't make me leave him.. Please!"
I beg like a child. I was even tempted to get down on my knees to beg. But I didn't want to milk it. If I, for whatever reason, suddenly needed to run. It would be better if I were already on my feet.
"Make. Your. Choice."
Taking a deep breath. I close my eyes and think hard about my options. Maybe it would be better if I left and never returned. No one else would die and it means Jeff can move on with his life. Continuing being, a.. murderer.. if that's what he truly wants. But if I stay and be killed, I'll be taken away from him forever. At least if I leave and live, we may find each other again.

Slender POV
[Name] sighs, opening her eyes and looking up at me as I stand tall, looking down at her small, vulnerable, pathetic and weak figure.
"If I leave.. And never speak to Jeff again.. I'll live right?"
"Yes."
She nods slowly as tears began to fall down her cheeks. Worthless human emotion, never gets you anywhere but in trouble.
"Fine.. I'll leave.. "
She cries, turning and leaving my office. The door closing behind her.
I turn my head in Rakes direction. Shattering his chain to set him free. 
"The moment she steps foot into the forest. Kill her."