Chapter 12

We eventually come to a stop in the middle of an empty hallway. My hands instantly reach and slide under the collar, rubbing the skin that was starting to become sore after the constant pulling. The metal may be smooth but it's still really rough in some ways.
"What the fuck do you think you're doing?"
Jeff growls as he stands before me. His face full of anger but also seemed to be a hint of jealousy. But why? Who would he be jealous of and why would he be? Maybe it wasn't jealousy, but if that were true, it's an expression I've never seen before.
"What do you mean? I didn't do anything!"
I snap, folding my arms tightly as I glare at him through my mask.
But he didn't respond right away, and his expressions would suggest that he was expecting me to know the answer anyway, without being told what I had actually done.
"You're drawing attention to yourself! You are a maid. You're meant to keep a low profile, get in nobodies way, and definitely not breaking fingers!"
Oh.. that's what he meant. When I crushed BENs fingers.. well it was his own fault for trying to take my mask.
"I'm sorr-"
"Just shut up! I'm tired of hearing your voice. Just keep out of everyone's way!"
He orders before turning and beginning to walk away, but I quickly call out to him, to which he stops, but remains his back facing me.
"I uh.. I don't have a room, to sleep in yet,"
It was true. Not even Slender had assigned me a room to call my own and I didn't exactly feel like sleeping on the kitchen floor like some kind of animal. The sofa didn't sound too inviting either..
"Can I.. stay in your-"
Jeff spins around almost instantly. Storming over to me, standing only inches away. His face full of disgust.
"No! You're not staying in my room!"
"But you're the only one I know here!"
"You don't know me! You know nothing about me!"
"But-"
"I SAID NO!"
He snarls, pushing me back before storming off. But he's still within sight when he once again stops. I could just about hear the conversation he was having with whoever it was in front of him.
"You're the one she followed here. She's your responsibility now."
"That thing is NOT my responsibility!"
I couldn't quite make out the rest, but whatever it was, it didn't sound good. But I was annoyed that whoever it was said I followed Jeff here. I didn't.
I watch as Jeff rages, pacing about before yelling, pounding his fist into a wall before making his way back to me.
Without saying a word, he grabs my chain and begins to pull me with him once again.

We arrive at a room, to which he unlocks it and enters, dragging me inside. Once in the room, he pushes me away, releasing the chain but it tangles between my legs, causing me to trip and fall. Landing with a thud on the wooden floor.
"You're pathetic."
He grunts. Shutting the door, heading to his wardrobe. Opening it and pulling out a blanket and only one pillow. Throwing it at me angrily. The pillow hitting me right in the head, nearly pushing off my mask but I manage to grab it in time.
"You can sleep on the floor in the corner."
He points, snapping his fingers in the direction at which he was talking about. So I guess I was staying in Jeffs room after all. Although, how is this any better than sleeping in the kitchen? I'm still on the floor..
I glance at the window to see that it was almost pitch black, being as it was dark when I made pasta earlier.
So, I get comfy in the corner and try to fall asleep.