Chapter 8

I decided to do what BEN had suggested. Clean. Even though I didn't want to. I didn't belong here and they were basically holding me hostage. Although, I hadn't tried to escape yet.. if I did, would they stop me?
I shook my head, trying to stop thinking about it and get on with my work. I would be apparently punished for bad behaviour and I would rather not be after all that punishment happening in the hospital. The very thought gave me chills.
Wandering around, I stop at a door, checking the handle.
"Locked.."
I sigh, moving on to the room next door, once again trying the handle to see if it would open. Luckily, the door was unlocked, so I open the door with ease and step inside. Thankfully, no one was in there. I give the room a quick look around. Inside was one single bed, a wardrobe, one window and a bedside table with a single drawer in it. Not much but homely, I guess you could say.
Although, as I looked around, I began to grow scared of who might be staying in this room. The wardrobe, table and even the bed posts had scratches and large holes, even the walls had chips and slices within the paint. All seemed to be made by some sort of blade. Clean this room quickly and get it over with.

Looking through the skirts belt, I find a polish spray and a dry cloth. So I begin by wiping down the windowsill. It was so dusty it was actually gross. But as I continued to clean it, I suddenly hear a wear sound coming to the left of me. I couldn't really make out what it was judging by sound alone, so turning my head to the left, I suddenly jump at what I saw. A knife stuck out of the wardrobe door, its handle swaying back and forth due to the force at which it was thrown. I quickly look towards the bedroom door to see Jeff standing there. He looked furious.
"That was a slow reaction."
He states bluntly. Storming in, he yanks out the knife and points it at my gut, to which I back away as much as I possibly could, coming to a stop once I reach the windowsill.
"What the hell are you doing in here!"
He growls, lifting his knife and pointing it at my neck. Yes I wouldn't feel a cut he made, but he could still kill me with ease.
"I thought I was a maid! I-I was just cleaning!"
I say in my defence, raising my hands to which they still held the polish and cloth.
His head tilts as he looks me up and down. His mouth was closed but you could still see the teeth through his cheeks due to his sliced smile.
"What's your name?"
He grunts, grinding his teeth. I could tell he didn't like asking such personal questions, but if that was the case, why did he ask?
But, I had to think. Do I tell him my real name? Or do I hide my identity from these people for as long as I can. If they hear about me being missing from the hospital, they might return me back there!
"Uh.. its.. Sakura.."
I lied. Of course that wasn't my name. But, I couldn't forget my friend that I left behind in that place. Even if it was just the spirit of a decaying corpse I was talking to. It's thanks to Sakura that I didn't lose my mind and go completely insane. I owe her this to let her name be heard again.
"Sakura? Sakura what?"
He scoffs, as if to mock my name. His manner and expression would tell me that he didn't believe me, yet he didn't say anything about it being a lie.
"Nothing else.. just, Sakura."
He rolls his eyes, stashing his knife away in his pocket before looking back at me, mainly focusing on one thing.
"What's up with the mask? Why do you need that?"
What is it with them having an issue with my mask? Is it because I'm not one of them? So they see it as weird?
He reaches up to grab it with his right hand, but out of instinct I grab his wrist, holding tight.
"Please don't do that.."
I plead. Tightening my grip on his wrist. I would have gave him the puppy dog eyes, but he wouldn't have seen it anyway.
His piercing eyes stare right at me before he yanks his hand out of my grasp, grabbing hold of my chain, dragging me out of his room. He took me all the way into the kitchen, grabbing a padlock from the kitchen drawer before taking me to a wooden support beam in the dining room that stretched from the roof to the floor.
Shoving me to the ground, he wrapped the chain around the beam and padlocked it together. Only giving me enough length to stand, but not to walk around.
He kneels down in front of me, grabbing my shirt and yanking me forward.
"Don't ever touch me again."
He spat before pushing me back, standing up and walking out of the room. Leaving me alone on the kitchen dining room floor.