Chapter 51

Dr Manning POV
"Stop squirming!"
I snap angrily as I desperately try to hold down the patient. The nurse had told me of a cardiac arrest in the ICU. But her and I both know that wasn't true.
"You we're trying to escape and that is not allowed!"
I grunt as I tighten the straps harshly on their wrist and ankles. Pulling it so tight that their skin scrunches and eventually breaks, bleeding under the restraints, to which they whine in pain.
"Now, to ensure you don't try to escape again, let's try something knew."
I grin devilishly as I trot over to the surgical table, pulling it over to the bed the patient was laid upon, picking up a long, sharp nail and holding it in front of their face.
"If you're going to keep removing your restraints, I'll hammer nails through your hands to keep you down. And for your legs, I have EXTRA LONG nails that'll go through your entire ankle!"
I laugh like an excited child as I put down the first nail, lifting up the longer one for the legs.
"N-No! No please don't! I'm begging-"
"Shhhhhhhhh.. hush now. No talking. Don't waste your voice, you're going to need that for your screaming!"
I laugh hysterically, lowering the nail down to their ankle, grabbing the hammer and holding it over the nails head.
"Ready?! I'll count to Three!"
"N-No..! P-Please!-"
"Oonne...Twooo..!"
I slam the hammer against the nail after counting to two. Watching as the nail drives through the ankle, pinning into the table below. Pertruding through their muscle and bone. Blood pouring from beneath the wound. The patients screams echo around the room.

Whistling a simple tune, I grab the other nail, walking over to their other leg, preparing to strike again, but just as I was about to do so, the entire room turns pitch black as all the lights shut off, leaving me in complete darkness.
"Ugh. I can't work like this!"
I groan, placing the nail and hammer down, slowly trying to make my way to find a light switch. Stretching my hands out, feeling along a wall to find the switches.
"Ah here you are!-"
Just as I go to turn the lights back on, something hard is suddenly struck at the back of my head, causing me to fall to the floor with a thump. I try to crawl away but I am struck once more, causing me to fall unconscious.

Readers POV
After Jeff made sure the Doctor was fully unconscious, I run to the patient strapped to the bed. They lay their in agony, groaning and gasping, breathing sharply and heavily as a nail protrudes through their ankle.
"Please help me! Pl-Please! Get me out of here please!"
They cry and their eyes switch from looking at me to looking down at their leg.
"O-Okay Okay.. Just, just hold still..I'm gonna get you out of this!"
My hand shakily reaches for the nail, latching my fingers around the head. The patient winces a little as I accidentally push the nail as I grab it.
"I'm going to pull it out fast, are you ready?"
"Yes yes just do it!"
They sob, closing their eyes tight, grinding their teeth as they wait for the pain.
"You do know if you let them live they'll want to help with the revenge on the doctor don't you."
Jeff whispers quietly in my ear as he drags Dr Manning by his feet, strapping him to the spare bed.
He was right.. if this patient has received torture from the Doctor, which it appears they have judging by the scars.. they would want to take part.. and, I couldn't allow that.. It took me a while to accept the fact that Jeff was helping.. I can't have anyone else interfering..
Taking a deep breath, I grab a scalpel from the near by surgical table that contained the other nails. Walking over to the patients neck.
"I'm so sorry.."
I sigh, to which they open their eyes wide with shock. But just before they could speak in their defence and plead me not to, I slice the blade across their throat. A tear slowly dribbles down my cheek as I watch them gargle and splutter as blood gushes from their neck.
"Pfft.. didn't think you'd actually kill them."
Jeff chuckles with amusement. Causing me to grunt with agitation.