Chapter 9

All day. Jeff left me chained to the support beam all day. Still sitting here now, I watch the kitchen window as it begins to grow dark outside. Many people had walked past me throughout the day. Some laughing and mocking me, some don't even give me a single glance and I'm sure one of them growled at me just for lifting my head to look at him when he walked passed.
Although, as it grew dark, the dining room and kitchen grew very very busy. People gathering at the table. Plates and cutlery in front of them.
But I suddenly gasp once I feel fingers latch under my metal collar and yank me forward. Turning to face their direction, Jeff's anger filled eyes glare at me closely.
"Why aren't you cooking?"
I was shocked. Did he seriously just ask that? He couldn't be serious surely, that would be stupid. He knows I can't reach the kitchen to cook. I can't even take one step.
"You're joking right? You've had me chained to this beam all-!"
I'm interrupted by Jeffs hand clutching around my throat, pressing hard. Causing me to wheeze and gasp for air as he begins to compress my windpipe.
"I suggest you do less talking, and more cooking"
"Ca-can you, a-at leEast unchain, m-me?"
It was so hard to talk due to his harsh grip taking a lot of my breath away. But after I ask, he loosens his grip and unlock the padlock. I gasp for breath heavily, inhaling deeply, stumbling to my feet and almost tripping over as Jeff pushes me into the kitchen. The chain tangling between my legs.
What was I even meant to cook these guys? Do they all eat the same? All different? No one has told me anything, I'm just meant to magically know. But I decided, if no one is going to tell me, I would just cook pasta. It should be simple enough, for a person who has never cooked in their life.. right?

After a little while of cooking and cowering due to the rage that was happening behind me of many hungry people. The pasta was finally done. Heading to the table with the pot, I begin to spoon out everyone's serving.
Once everyone had a plate full, I realised I didn't make enough for myself and there was no more pasta to make some more. Guess I'll go hungry today.. I sigh, stuffing the pot into the sink and beginning to wash it up.
As I'm washing, I suddenly jump and gasp at the sound of a smashing plate. Spinning on my heels, I see two people stood up. EJ and Jeff. EJ still had a full plate of food and slowly leaves the room without saying a word. Jeff however, was surrounded by broken plate matter and spilt pasta.
"What the fuck do you call this?!"
He yells, gesturing to everyone else who had pasta on their plate. No one had touched their food at all, apart from Sally who sat there smiling as she munched it down.
"I'm sorry. But you didn't say what you wanted for dinner!-"
I cut myself off with my own scream, ducking down for cover as Jeff picks up a large broken piece of plate and throws it in my direction. Hitting the wall and shattering. I know it wouldn't have hurt me, but just the sudden shock of having something thrown at me scared me, I won't lie.

He storms over to me and stands directly in front of me. Glaring down.
"Stand. Up."
He snarls. To which is obey, standing up and patting down the skirt. He continues his stare but doesn't say a word and without warning, just leaves the room. Not saying a thing.
Taking a deep breath, I head over to the table a begin to clean up the broken plate. I was expecting to get some kind of sympathy from the others. But far from it. As soon as I knelt down, a foot forces against my back, kicking me down before they laughed hysterically. My hands collide with the sharp plate pieces and one of them slices right across the palm of my right hand. Damn.. I turn my head to face behind me to see who had kicked me as some kind of joke. It was someone I hadn't been introduced to yet. He appeared to be dressed as some sort of clown but, very, monochromatic. Infant, he had no colour on him at all. Completely black and white with a bit of grey. He had long, sharp, claw like fingers, fang like teeth and a very pointy nose.
"Good one LJ!"
The person sat next to him says as he nudged his shoulder. So the monochrome was known as LJ. Which was similar to EJ's Name. So maybe this was the other Jack?

It didn't take long for everyone to finish their plates and for me to finish cleaning up. Although, I wondered why EJ hadn't eaten any of his. Everyone else eventually gave up and ate some. But he didn't even touch it. So, I ate it. I was so tired and hungry. I grab his plate and take it to the kitchen, slumping to the floor and sitting in the corner. Hiding away as I ate the pasta. Blood dripping from my palm where it had been cut. Stupid..