8 ❀ My rainbow

Ezra POV

        Ezra POV

     As I watch the she-wolf disappear through the door, I relax slightly. Only slightly. I'm still wound up tight.

     My limbs are still solid as granite, and my heart is ready to burst free of my body. I'm not sure if it wants to beat the hell out of the nearest person or run after my mate.

The lycan side of me wants to taste blood, that's one thing I know for sure. The blood of the overbearing Alpha standing next to me, he seems to feel my strength palpably because he's  suddenly very uneasy, even taking a step back, trying to put some distance between us.

I guess he isn't completely stupid after all.

     Watching Alpha Green speak to her that way almost snapped my control in half all together, my natural reflexes beg me to rip him to shreds. Somehow, I control myself.

     Other than that swell of angry emotion, I'm still in a huge shock. My mate. That girl is my mate.

     The ripple of energy in the air surrounding her was enough to tell me that, but I still can't believe it. I've been alone for so many years. Long, empty years spent with my head stuck in fighting night and day. Fighting criminals, fighting my anger, fighting emotions of every kind.

     I have spent so much time dreading meeting her, and yet here I am fighting the need to run after her and mark her as my own right now. The feeling is so very foreign to me. It's strange. It's new. And I sort of love it.

No! No, I don't love it. It's overpowering. This feeling of longing needs to go away before I rip my own hair out of my head. It's overpowering. It's controlling. It's as if I have no choice. I want to have choices, I want to have control of my own destiny.

     "What the hell was that?" Ace bursts out, glaring at the Alpha with enough venom to seeth into the air around us. Alpha Green pales and takes yet another step backwards, his back hitting the wall of the pack house.

     "That girl has been a trouble to the pack for a long time. She's a thief and a disrespectful brat. I try my best to keep her in line." He mutters, but I can feel the fear bubbling under the surface of his words. He holds up his hands that are slick with a nervous sweat.

     My mate is a thief? A brat? I take a deep breath, the burning in my chest fills me with confusion. There are so many things happening at once.

That can't be true. She's seems so perfect. So pretty and curvy and right. I want her. I've never wanted anything more. Not approval from my parents, not recognition, not even a promotion.