12 ❀ Try

Klepto POV   

     Klepto POV

     The night is full of shivers and relentless breezes. I woke up sometime during the morning, before the sun rose, and if I could have moved without sending shockwaves of pain through my entire body, I would have been tossing and turning restlessly.

     Sticks and pebbles dig into my flesh, but I don't mind much because the constant throb of my chest is a whole lot worse.

     It seems fate is dead set on trying to destroy me.

     I wake and drift on and off throughout the torturous hours, the moonlight reflecting on the ground through the towering tree branches. It's beautiful sight that tries its best to comfort me.

     Is my head overruled by the ambush that accrued in the packhouse? The beating I took? The kicks and the laughs that had shaken my world?

     Nope.

     Because like the idiot I am, my lycan is all I can think about.

    Ezra is the sun and I'm a planet orbiting around him mindlessly. I can spend an eternity thinking about him when he couldn't care less about me.

     Eventually I fall asleep again, the sunlight and singing birds rousing me from my slumber of much needed peace.

    My eyelids flutter open, my corneas burning tightly at the harsh rays of the morning sun. As my eyes adjust, I move a bit, testing the waters.

     My arms and legs appear fine enough, but my chest and side twinge in distaste at the slightest shift. Ugh.

     I groan. This is gonna be fun.

    My senses take in the earthy aroma of dirt and maple, then came the addition of blood. It's a strong and wicked scent that makes my face scrunch up. I am absolutely drenched in the stuff. Yuk.

     As I squirm and writhe on the ground, trying to get up the gumption the sit up, someone grasps my shoulder. A shadow comes over me and I squint up at them.

     It's one of Ezra's team members. Reid, I believe his name is.

     "Oh no." He mutters out, his green eyes brimming with disgust, "Who...? Who did this to you?" He really wants some answers.

     He's crouched above me, completely shirtless, but his body has no affect on me whatsoever, nobody really does after meeting Ezra. At last not in that way.

     I shake my head, not wanting to answer him.

     If the Alpha heard he'll call me a no good liar again, and I'm sure Ezra will find out too. My mate might think I'm weak, but I won't let him be tricked into believing something that isn't true. I may be many things, but liar I am not.