42 ❀ Winter weapon

Klepto POV

Klepto POV

     My arms are wrapped tight around a warm body. I don't move for awhile, letting the hug take me over. It's nice to immerse myself in a seemingly endless embrace.

     "Thanks for coming to help with the boys." My Dad says on a content sigh, leaning back to look at me. I smile at him, nodding silently and giving him a squeeze.

     It seems too good to be true that I have his love again.

     My Mom is still locked up, and I don't really have time to worry about it. As if I would ever worry about it in the first place.

     "You're welcome. I know you've had it rough watching all the kids by yourself." I reply, looking around the house, trying to find any sign of the rambunctious children I call my siblings.

     My Dad scoffs, "No kidding. You seem to be the only one who can keep up with them. Not to mention, I'm the only one at home with them. Everyone seems to be out and about nowadays."

     I raise an eyebrow at that.

     "Where is everyone?"

     "Parker, Martha, and Penelope are still in school, Tressa and Tabitha are always busy with working in the pack house, and Teller is always out with his friends, but I'm trying to convince him to join patrol, take some charge."

     I nod silently, thinking about all of the way too many siblings I have. Most of them just pretend I don't exist. I can't even remember the last time I spoke to Tabitha or Teller, or our oldest brother, Marcus. He's in another pack now that's near Charleston to be with his mate. His mate is an Alpha's daughter, which means he will become the Alpha someday.

     He never visits or calls. Marcus abandoned our family, so I don't really care if I ever see him again.

     The abrupt noise of fumbling footsteps fills the air. The sound bounces off the walls as two little tikes race down the stairs like their lives depend on getting to the bottom as soon as they can.

     "Kleppy! Kleppy!!!" Daniel leaps into my arms, his little blonde head hitting me in the legs, nearly knocking me over .

     "Hey guys!" I go to hug Felix, but he wriggles and fights in my grip to get out. I ruffle his hair and he shares a shy smile with me.

     "Where's Ezra?" Daniel demands, tugging on my jeans with a tiny frown on his beat red face. His face always seems to be flushed when he spends the whole day playing.

     "He's busy, but I'm here!"

     Daniel gives me a grin, but barely hides his disappointment that my mate isn't here. One glance at Felix shows that he's just as sad.

     "Looks to me like they have a new favorite, huh?" Dad asks, elbowing me with a teasing smile. I narrow my eyes, no way Ezra is their favorite. They met the guy one time!