50 ❀ The Red Alpha

Ezra POV

          Ezra POV

     I snap my jaws. I'm pissed. The tree pinning me is not letting up. My side burns and thrums as my body bucks, trying to dislodge the unexpected weapon the Red Alpha wields against me.

     She stands nearby, focusing on me as her hands remain outward, pointed at me. The flame like substance encases her whole hands and forearms. The magic even flits along her long sleeves. Her eyes are full of humor. She is enjoying my pain. She loves observing on the sidelines as I squirm in discomfort.

     I let out a frustrated bark, wiggling and struggling with no success. I'm not getting free any time soon unless she lets up. Somehow I doubt that will ever happen.

     The Red Alpha lets out an insane cackle. She's enjoying this, that is until Alpha Veiler comes charging towards her. Her flame engulfed hands go back to normal, all traces of magic gone in a snap. She dodges Veiler quickly, barely avoiding him, and I'm able to get the tree off of me.

     Freedom feels good.

     Once my body is back on it's 4 paws, I shake out my coat and take a fighting stance. My gaze fixates on her once she steps out into the open once more. The devil is in her eyes, a glare now stuck on her pretty face. She uses her powers to lift Veiler in the air ever so precisely.

     His thick, black body rises, its whole surface engulfed in sparks. It looks like they're setting him on fire. The allusion of flames is magnificent and deadly to watch. It's so strange to see fire without the burning. There's no smoke, no ash, no scorching. It's just pure energy.

     Suddenly, after a smirk and a whirl from the Red Alpha, Veiler is flying away until he hits a tree. I wince at the sound of the impact. The dull thud echoes through the woods and settles in my belly like a punch to the gut. The King lets out a grunt and unease slips through me like a snake.

     This isn't going to be easy.

     I growl low in my throat as the Red Alpha watches me, her appearance seeming familiar to me, and yet I know I've never met her before. Her long, ginger tendrils ruffle in the light breeze. The low light of the setting sun casts a shadow on her face, highlighting her flawless skin. Those yellow eyes are all too familiar.

     Because I've seen them in the mirror everyday for decades.

     "You look just like him, you know. It makes me hate you even more." She murmurs, her lips once again twisting into a sultry smile. It's anything but attractive. She oozes evil from every pore on her body. "Expect those pretty eyes of course."

     I numbly wonder who "he" actually was. This lycan female is psychotic, and probably delusional. There is no way I am believing a word out of her wicked mouth. I shake my head in one rough motion and tell myself not to put anything into what she says.