61 ❀ Go ahead

Ezra POV

          Ezra POV

     "The Councilman has arrived." Says Savannah, a glare on her full tan face. I'm sure her expression mirrors my own, because I am not looking forward to a chat with the one and only Councilman Cole.

     The Guard wants more involvement in the case of the Red Alpha, more information. Apparently they claimed they need to have a face to face interview versus small conversations over the phone.

     When we got the message that they're planning on barging in, Veiler was anything but happy. One of the many things I've learned from the guy is that he doesn't like outsiders coming to his pack. Not to mention his hatred for the Council, but that's a whole other story.

     He likes being secluded deep in the woods. Our Alpha doesn't want any more people knowing our location, and that's why the Councilman is being picked up and brought here by Veiler himself, and while blindfolded of course.

     Once Savannah relays the information I'm up and out of my chair and heading for the front porch. I run a tired hand over my face as I take a deep, settling breath of the cold mountain air. This place reminds me daily of the place I was raised.

     It's been months since we arrived, months since my mating ceremony. It's almost the end of May, but the weather is still cold. That's the North for you. Everywhere else is already bright with Spring, but not here. There's still snow everywhere.

     The past few months have been the best of my life. I never thought I could be as happy as I am now. The same could go for our fourth in command, though he doesn't seem that way at the moment.

     Ryk stands as still as granite in front of the small cabin, his robust pale arms crossed. He wears an ultra big scowl trying to hide his anxiety that's burning underneath the surface.

     I'm no idiot, the guy is nervous.

     And who wouldn't be? He's committed countless crimes at the demands of the notorious Red Alpha, that's definitely enough to put you in a perilous situation.

     Everyone knows of Ryk's attitude change once he met Tressandra. She's all he can think about, and he's terrified that the Guard will drag him away from his mate. I understand his hesitation, I feel it for him just knowing the Councilman and his harsh attitude.

     The dark suburban rolls up along the snow, glinting in the morning sun. The door to the vehicle slams as Cedric Veiler clambers our and strides to the back door and pulls out a disheveled Councilman.

     His red hair is a mess, the blindfold long enough to hide his mustache.

     Once he's front and center, Veiler tears the scrap of fabric away with a little more force than necessary. The lycan stumbles to the side, his green eyes narrowing through the rays of sunlight. His hand goes up to shield himself to the change.