64 ❀ Amazing life

Klepto POV

Klepto POV

     "Move! Move! Move!" Stacey shouts, waving her arms in the air frantically as the two lycans in the kitchen dart around. The she-wolf watches the scene with wide, excited eyes just like the rest of us. We're all eager to be a part of this.

     A cooking contest isn't something we get to enjoy everyday. And so far it's been a blast.

     While Hyrum pours something into his giant metal pot full of delicious smelling food, I sit in Ezra's lap contently. My mate absently runs a hand over my shoulder as we watch. His red head is nestled softly into the crook of my neck, his lips brushing the mark that covers my pale skin.

     It's a lot of PDA, but I don't mind since I can't really get enough of it.

     It's hard to concentrate on the moment when all I can think about is him, and what exactly he's doing to me.

     "You have 5 minutes! Make them count." Savannah calls, and even she smiles at the two chefs.

     Hyrum has challenged the pack cook, Rebekah, to a cook off. At first I thought it was just all fun and games, a friendly battle of culinary skills, but it's anything but that.

     They move the way I'd expect to see someone move on a battlefield.

     They're absolutely merciless in the kitchen. Whisks, bowls, ingredients alike are tossed around in a flurry of motion. I can't seem to look away despite the distraction behind me. And what a distraction he is. Ezra can't keep his hands off me to save his freaking life.

     Now that we're mated, he wants to be with me all the time, and I with him, but sometimes it doesn't work out like we want.

     So, when he gets home from work he practically sprints up the stairs.

     "Wow, I feel like I'm watching Hell's Kitchen." Miranda muses next to me, propped up on her elbow as she shakes her head. "It's like we're in an actual episode."

     "What's Hell's Kitchen?" It's a question that Tressandra and I spout at the same time. We glance at each other across the table with huge grins, we do that sometimes.

     I've found out that we actually have a lot in common. Emotional trauma does that to a person.

     "Do you two ever get out?" Stacey demands, her jaw nearly hitting the floor.

     "No, they don't. Did you forget that they basically lived in a cult?" Reid explains, his upper lip quirked up in amusement. Ace bursts into laughter standing next to his older brother.

     "That place was a cult, wasn't it?" He jokes, and I can't help but agree, but I don't say anything. Best not to ruin a fun moment with thoughts of that wretched place. I'm glad I'm far, far away from there.