53 ❀ Ryk's wrath

Ezra POV

Ezra POV

"Calm down. No one will hurt her, I promise you." Alpha Veiler assures the feral man sitting cross legged on the ground.

Ryk narrows his eyes and growls low in his throat. He grips his mate tighter in his hold and glares, daring anyone to get close enough for him to strike out.

He hadn't let Tressa out of his reach even after everything has calmed down. Everyone is shifted back and dressed now, resting and processing the vicious attack. The members of the pack roam around picking up bodies and mourning the loss of the ones they loved.

Ryk was by Tressa's side while she dressed. He barley agreed to turn his back to allow her some privacy as she put some clothes on. He shifted back as well, even shoving on a pair of loose basketball shorts on himself. The Red Alpha's right hand man remained shirtless and barefoot despite the cold chill.

He won't allow anyone close to Tressa, especially Veiler and I.

As soon as they were clothed, he'd grabbed her and pinned her to him. Ryk now sat on the ground outside in the snow, legs crossed, his new mate in his lap.

He stays far from the groups of people and the mouth of the bunker. Any time someone nears he snarls. He's like a feral animal defending its territory, his territory being his mate.

Tressa, however, is quiet and wide eyed, and almost intrigued by him. Her head is rested on Ryk's chest as his long, pale fingers softly play with her blonde hair.

It's one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. He is a vicious, evil killer. He's malicious and holds no mercy. And yet here he is, cuddling his mate and smelling her neck, blowing up when someone even so much as looks at her.

Ryk is gentle with her, despite the fact that she is basically a prisoner in his hold.

My mind is otherwise occupied though, wondering where Ace and Savannah are. They have to be close by. I hope they're safe, but I have no doubt that they are. The rest of lycans stand around aimlessly nearby.

Reid is fuming on the sidelines as he watches Ryk. He is not happy in the least about the situation.

"We should just kill him! He was with the enemy. We can't trust him, Alpha. He's still a threat to this pack." He demands. His muscles are tense as he darts his glance between Veiler and Ryk. He wants justice.

The albino narrows his bright blue eyes on Reid. He doesn't growl or snap at my friend, just observes him. He stares at Reid before sticking his face in Tressa's hair and nuzzling her neck. He lets out a gruff purring sound and Reid stands there with his mouth hanging open.

The male he claims as a monster openly showers his mate in affection.

"You of all people should know that mates change you. They cast light on even the darkest of souls. As you can see, the female keeps him grounded, sane. As long as she is taken care of and safe, he will not harm anyone. I doubt she would be okay with him attacking her pack mates." Veiler explains in his deep voice, gesturing with one arm at the scene.