Chapter 30: Capitol Park

A/N:

I've been publishing a lot more than once daily for 3-4 days now, but I'm letting you know that will probably have to end today. I have been writing chapters like crazy which is why I was able to do that, but it's about time I slow back down to once a day.

Also, huge author's note coming!

Sincerely,

Andrea

~

"Oh my God, she's staying here?" Lieutenant Anderson grumbled.

Connor sat back down in the booth, and I sat next to him.

"She doesn't have anywhere to be, Lieutenant," Connor answered.

The Lieutenant downed the whiskey in front of him. "I'm going to need a double!" He called to the bartender..

"Lieutenant, you should really stop drinking so much," Connor answered.

"You wouldn't have to say that so often if you didn't follow me around," The Lieutenant answered.

The Lieutenant turned to me. "Since I have you in front of me anyway, maybe you could answer me a question."

"I'll answer it to the best of my ability, Lieutenant."

"How is Nick doing?" He asked, very seriously. Seemed like just talking about that sobered him up.

"He's doing well. I think he worries about you," I explained.

"That kid worries too much anyway. He should take a fucking chance sometimes."

"I think he's trying to," I answered.

"What do you mean?" The Lieutenant asked, sounding slightly irritated.

"He likes taking chances on people, I think."

"If that were true, he would've found himself a husband by now," the Lieutenant answered, downing a whiskey.

"I don't think you're giving him enough credit. He's...doing his best."

The Lieutenant chuckled. "Doesn't exactly depress me to think that I didn't get your seal of approval," He said. He sighed though. "I suppose you're right though. I just hope he finds someone. He's a good kid. Patient. Tolerant, yknow?"

"He got used to me, so I would think so," I responded. The Lieutenant laughed.

"Connor, how'd she get to be so funny, and you get to be such a pain in the ass?"

Connor was looking at me, staring in fact. "I'm...not sure. She's quite interesting...isn't she?" Connor asked.

"Stop staring, Connor. It's fucking weird," The Lieutenant responded, in a tone that sounded disgusted.

"Sorry, Lieutenant," Connor responded looking away. We all talked for a few more hours, and Connor and I came to the mutual goal to distract the Lieutenant for long enough to make him pace out his alcohol. We managed so perfectly that by 1am, the Lieutenant was only slightly more drunk than when I had arrived.

As we went to go leave we turned to the news, which the bar tender had turned up.

"We're here at Capitol Park in Detroit, where Androids have gathered in a peaceful protest. They appear to only be using graffiti to call for their rights, and have placed down a flag with what I would call a symbol of their revolution."

"Jesus Christ," the bar tender said. In shock, he dropped the glass he was shining and it shattered.

"Oh my-It appears as though police may have just fired on the androids," the anchor struggled to say. The camera zoomed in on several shut down androids. Their thyrium was splattered across the pavement.

"The androids are taking the officers and hand cuffing them. It appears as though this peaceful protest may have just taken a turn for the worse."

No...you guys can't kill them. You can't. The Android leader, who as Connor explained is Markus, walked towards the two officers. He was handed a gun, but quickly gave it back.

"It appears as though the protest will remain peaceful, Jane."

"Wow. What a crazy story coming out of Detroit," the female news anchor said, from the comfort of her desk. "In other news, will a lack of screen time cause children to do worse at school?"

"Fuck. This shits getting out of control. Fucking androids," one of the patrons said. I turned to Connor.

"I think we should hurry," I whispered. He nodded in agreement and we rushed the Lieutenant out of the bar to his car in order to avoid an incident.