Chapter 82 - Hard Work

Nick and I prepared covers for later tonight. The club doesn't open until midnight, so I still have time to go out with Connor. 

"Finally. Can't wait to become Oliver Chasten," Nick announced.

"Finally. Can't wait to become Harper Port," I announced back. 

Connor turned his head around. "I really prefer Charlotte," He explained giving me a soft smirk. 

"Did you know my name means 'free man'?" I explained to Nick.

"Isn't it appropriate, little miss Deviant?" Nick asked rhetorically. He chuckled a bit, before grabbing his jacket off the chair. "See you tonight at 11:30, Charlotte."

With that, Nick left, giving me a pat on the shoulder on his way out. Connor gave me a soft smile and stared at me for a moment. I take that to mean he's absolutely enthralled with me. I might be hoping a little high, but his brown eyes are distracting. I mean...brown isn't that interesting of a color, but something about it being on someone you're in love with really changes your opinion. Something about it...it's absolutely wonderful. 

Hank gave Connor a look. "I'll take that as my cue to finish my work at home," Hank answered, standing up.

"No, Lieutenant. I'll get back to work," Connor answered, searching around on his computer.

"Why don't you two get out early, anyway? It's 6:00. Go have fun, you kids," Hank said, smiling.

"Alright...Hank. That's fair," Connor answered. Hank quickly packed up before making solid eye contact with Connor.

"Go," He ordered him. Connor smirked as Hank turned around and left. Connor stood up as Hank left. Connor turned towards me and gave me a quick wink. 

"Is that your way of telling me of that I'm yours, and you're mine? Because I mean, I love it," I responded.

"You know me too well," Connor said, giving me a charming smile. 

"I do, really," I answered, chuckling. Connor chuckled with me. Connor walked towards me and sat on the edge of my desk.

"Am I supposed to pick up attitude or attractiveness from that?"

"Both?" Connor answered confused.

"You accomplished that," I explained, standing up. Connor was somehow still slightly taller than me despite sat on the edge of my desk. Thanks, Cyberlife.

Connor and I walked out of the precinct, and I looked at him expectantly. 

"What?" He asked, confused. 

"Where are we going?" I asked, confused. 

"I don't know," He answered.

"This...this was your plan," I replied. What does he mean he doesn't know? This is like his whole thing?

"I don't know. Since when do I overly plan and analyze every possible outcome?" Connor asked as a taxi pulled up directly in front of us. 

"Wow," I sighed. Connor opened the door for me, and I climbed in. He followed, and the self driving taxi began to drive off.

"Are you excited to be back at the precinct?" Connor offered.

"It's what im good at," I said, shrugging.

"Yes. It's what you were programmed to do. Do you like it though?"

"Investigating with Nick is completely different from assigning an advanced you to a case and having him do far too well to such a point he almost mocks me."

"If I mock you the more advanced I am then-" Connor began sounding irritated.

"Connor. I'm making a joke. No need to get upset at him," I explained.

"Oh. Alright," Connor sighed. "I just...love you."

"I love you too."