Chapter 45 - White Noise

Days had to pass. Instead of the moon fading away, it just dissapeared. I couldn't hear the wind howl anymore, and I couldn't feel the snow land on my skin. I couldn't even find the pistol. I think my limbs froze together though, because I can't move. I forgot to think about the people I used to know. Who did I use to know anyway? I've forgotten. I've forgotten who I knew before I died.

Until...

I start to hear something.

"-android leader, Markus, will be having negotiations with the federal government to discuss the android bill of rights tonight at 7:00."

Is that...the news? Am I just going crazy? Is that my imagination...or is that a television? Playing...the news.

I suddenly hear foot steps. I can't open my eyes, and I can't move, but I can hear.

"Doctor?" I heard a familiar voice say. I couldn't quite place it, but it's a man's.

"Yes?" The soft female voice replied. She must be the doctor.

"Will she be awake soon?"

"I don't know. With the other deviants, they were only out for a week, max. She's been out for over a month without her necessary biocomponent. I'd give her a week before AI registers that she's even alive."

Are they talking about me? Have I been out for that long?

"You should go. Go do something. Go back to work," the female voice told the male one.

"I can wait," he responded. I heard footsteps again, and this time they were getting closer to me.

"They miss you at the station. Hank and Nick really shouldn't be partners anymore. It barely worked before," the female voice said, kindly to the man.

Hank? Nick? Who...are they?

"Like you said. It's only for a week," the male voice responded.

"Fine. Have it your way," the female voice responded, in a tone that was fairly kind considering her words. "I've got other patients to attend to. Let me know if anything changes."

"Okay," the male voice answered. I heard footsteps leave, but only one set, and they were much lighter. That had to be the doctor.

"Today is Sunday, December 12th, 2038 and it's 4pm. Welcome to today's evening news. A penumbral lunar eclipse is occurring today, with visibility only available in the south pole. Unfortunately, due to multiple causes such as rising tensions between Russia and The US, and melting polar ice caps, for the first time in over 40 years, no human on Earth will be able to observe an astronomical event. We speak with Doctor Elliot Wesker of MIT about the implications of this event."

It's...December 12th? The revolution happened...on...the 11th. Of November. It really has been that long.

I hope my other senses come back, and quickly too. With my memory, too. I feel like there's some piece I'm missing. Some thing that I wanted to wake up to. Now, it's just a vague blur.

I know that a revolution happened. I know I shot myself to prevent...something. I couldn't tell you what though? Maybe being able to see everything I missed would help me. I'll just have to wait for that.