Chapter 62 - Christmas - Part 6

The second I closed the door, Connor gently grabbed my shoulders and kissed me.

"Raspberries," he mumbled.

"Hmm?"

"You taste like raspberries," He explained.

"You still taste like chocolate," I explained. Connor reached into his pocket and showed the bar he was working on.

"What can I say?" He asked shrugging. "I really like chocolate."

"I know, Connor. Trust me, I know," I said, chuckling. Connor smirked.

"Well, I've got to take you," Connor said, outstretching his hand for me to take.

"Where?"

"On a date," he flirted, winking.

"Oh shut up. You know what I meant,"I said, taking his hand.

"Can it be a surprise? I mean...are dates supposed to be surprises? What exactly...how do I...how does one...'date'?" Connor asked.

I chuckled. "I mean...really this doesn't have to be a date at all, Connor. Or it can. I mean a date can just be two people talking, really. I mean...right?"

"This whole deviancy thing is hard," Connor said. He led me down the street, and it felt just like our usual walks. Suddenly, we arrived at a small bar. It was completely closed, but Connor just took out a key.

"Do I want to know how you got the key?" I asked, confused.

"Well...Hank likes to drink," Connor shrugged. I guess that's my cue to leave this to mystery. Connor opened up the door and walked over to one of the tables. He pulled the string on the overhead light, creating a small spotlight on that single table.

"Go ahead. Sit down. I'll be right back," he said. I sat down and watched him disappear into the back room. He came back about 5 minutes later with a tray. On the tray was a teapot, 2 teacups, and a bottle of whiskey.

"Do you drink? Have you had alcohol yet?" Connor asked placing the tray on the table.

"No, I haven't," I said shrugging.

"Me neither," Connor said. "But Hank told me that when I asked him about...this whole thing, he told me to try mixing whiskey into tea."

"You asked Hank how to take me on a date?"

Connor laughed. "Absolutely not. I asked him how to give you my Christmas present for you. Then a few minutes later the plan was to bring you here and make you tea."

"Well...I'm glad it can be the two of us, and not Nick staring over our shoulder like the weirdo he is."

"Or Hank ruining things like the drunk he is," Connor answered. We laughed at our respective...friends? Family members? Family members.

"So you're Connor Anderson, right?" I asked, suddenly incredibly aware of the gift in my jacket pocket.

"Has a ring to it, doesn't it?" Connor answered. That's incredibly relieving. Connor poured the tea into the cups, and we both took our respective sips, a bit afraid to add the whiskey.

"One of us is going to have to," I remarked. Connor sighed deeply and unscrewed the top. He poured about an ounce into the tea, before handing me the bottle.

"At the same time," he said. I smirked, as I poured the same amount into my own tea.

We maintained eye contact as we both sipped. It wasn't...half bad. Connor and I shrugged simultaneously. It's...an interesting addition to tea. Not something I would find myself doing often, but for today, it's nice. It creates a warming feeling throughout you.