Chapter 83 - In Light

Hey guys!

Andrea here. Thank you so much for the continued support despite the circumstances. I'm sure you all are really confused considering I usually post daily, but in truth, college kicked my ass this week. My hope is to be back on to the daily schedule next week, but no promises. I swear though, there will be at least two chapters a week, and as many as 7. I really appreciate the continued support. 

I also have yet to determine where I want to leave this story. I have two ideas in mind, and one ends with a sequel. So...I'll think about it.

Thank you  guys so much,

Andrea

~

I like to think that Connor is fairly unique. I say that because of the simple fact that he took me to a small park in central Detroit, and sat me down next to a small stream. To be fair, it's not creative, but for Connor, I am incredibly impressed. I mean, he always manages to impress me, but particularly in how he takes such an average date and make it fantastic. 

"Isn't it strange how many of humans dates we can't do? The only real thing I do with you is talk," Connor remarked.

"Well, that's perfect. I really love talking to you," I answered winking. Connor smirked.

"Good. Then be completely honest with me. Can you do that?" He asked.

"Of course," I explained, taking his hands. 

"I really want to marry you. Do you want to marry me?" He turned to me excitedly. 

"Of course I want to marry you," I shared. 

"Then let's get married," Connor said, romantically.

"Right now?" I asked confused.

"Yes," Connor said simply. 

"Connor. Don't be silly," I sighed.

"Silly? No...I just know I need you as my wife."

"I love you but..."

"I love you so much. Having been without you...watching how you react...I know I need you," Connor answered.

"Connor, that's sweet but-"

"There's nothing to but, is there?" 

"The but is that I am not entirely sure if I'm ready to get married," I explained. "I love you, but that's a lot for me."

"Oh, but c'mon. It's me," Connor said jokingly. 

"And it will always be you," I smirked. 

"Fine, fine. I'll just ask again tomorrow." 

"Tomorrow?"

"Absolutely. Every day until you say yes. I know you will one day," Connor answered. 

"God. When's the wedding?" I joked. 

Connor leaned forward and kissed me. "I'll wait. Patience is one of my talents, Charlotte."

"I mean your impatience is pretty nice too," I answered.

"No. Not until we're married," Connor said stepping back. 

"What?" I asked, truly concerned.

Connor shrugged and began to walk away. He immediately whipped around after a few minutes. "Are you kidding me? I love you," Connor said walking towards me and picking me up by my waist. "Don't be shy."

I smirked and Connor gave me a wink. 

~

"Nick...how about you meet me at the park?" I asked as I reached the edge of the bridge. Connor had gone off in the opposite direction, and I knew I had to leave. I could hear Nick sigh deeply over the phone. 

"Do tell me. What do you kids get up to, anyway?" Nick asked confused.

"In all honesty, a lot of talking, and a lot of not talking," I answered chuckling. Nick giggled a bit. 

"Alright. I'm on my way."

"What did you do while I was gone?" I asked. Again, I could hear Nick sigh. Nick is always a bit eccentric, but he seems particularly off. 

"Do you want the truth or like...a version of the truth where you won't judge me," Nick asked.

"I'll never judge you, Nick," I explained. Of course not. I love my best friend...

"Fine. I may or may not have invited Gavin over," Nick sighed.

"Oh, well I knew that was subject to happen. I see when you fix your hair, Nick," I answered, giggling. 

"Shut up, Bolts! It's not that obvious," Nick complained.

"Yeah, it is, actually," I answered. 

"You actually," Nick refuted, in a childish tone. "Anyway....gimme 10 minutes, and I'll be there."

"Of course," I answered. Within almost exactly ten minutes, Nick had arrived, and somehow, had on exactly the same thing, yet looked completely appropriate for a gay nightclub. He is one suave motherfucker, I swear. I jumped in and Nick looked at me.

"Aw. Memories. You look like a prick. You should change," he remarked smiling. I mean...when Nick says it, I don't mind being called a prick...

"You should shut up," I answered laughing. Nick chuckled with me, and gave a very soft smile.