Chapter 16-- Craig's Memory

"I was about 8 or 9 years old and I had just learned how to shift into my human form. I was so excited that I could do it and was even given my first set of clothes. My parents had taken me to the human's town to pick up a few supplies we weren't able to get out in the forest. As I was walking the small shop I heard another family talking to the shop keeper. I couldn't contain myself as I looked around the shelf to see a boy...with crazy blonde hair clinging to a woman's leg shaking like a pups tail while it plays..." Craig began as he looked over at Tweek. Tweek's eyes went wide as he leaned forward to listen close.

"At that moment I felt my chest start to hurt and I was unsure why. I hurried back to my parents when they had called to me. When we got back to our home my father began talking about the day I would become Alpha and I would have to start looking for a mate. Being a kid...I drowned out his words and let my mind travel..."

"Later that night when my family had gone to sleep with the rest of the pack I slowly snuck out of the cave. I tried my best to not get seen but Kenny had woken up. I glared at him and told him not to tell. He just rolled his eyes like always before he fell back to sleep next to his little sister. I shifted into my wolf and took off into the woods a little just wanting to clear my head."

"My mind had started to wander more and more then soon I found myself too far from home. I was worried I will admit then I heard a small voice calling out. I decided to go and find it only to have my front paw get clamped into a trap. I howled out in pain looking at the trap glad that it didn't have teeth..just it was tight."

"I heard footsteps and I feared that I was going to surly be killed or taken as a pet! That's when I saw these bright emerald orbs and wild blonde hair looking at me and called me a puppy," he chuckled some. He looked over at Tweek seeing the boy blushing now as he looked away shyly before looking back at Craig when he started to speak again.

"The boy got closer to me and I could see the worry in his eyes. I could tell he was more worried about me then himself. He used his tiny hands pulling the trap open just enough to set me free. I licked at my paw then I looked up hearing an odd sound. I then felt the small hands around my paw wrapping a cloth around it. The boy smile and was happy to help. I felt my body warm up seeing the smile. It made me feel so...safe seeing that smile..."

"I found himself nuzzling into the boy who began to start laughing a little bit from my fur. I then felt him freeze as I heard a low growl. I looked over the boy's shoulder seeing a large bear make it's way towards us. The bear was grunting and stood on it's back legs. I felt my body ready to move to try and protect the boy who saved me. Then...without any hesitation or fear for his own life. This wild haired boy put his tiny body around me, doing his best to sheild me from this bear."

"Before the bear could bring it's claw down, Kenny had appeared knocking the bear to the side. I was mad that he had followed but glad that he dd too. The boy looked back seeing Kenny blocking the bear then I felt him jolt when the howl echoed off the trees. My parents, as well as the rest of the pack showed up. Kenny tod me to get the boy to safey. I quickly changed forms and took off."

"I followed my nose back the direction the boy had come from. The whole way I kept looking at the boy in my arms. I couldn't stop think ing how brave and amazing he was. He was willing to risk his own life for mine. My heart was racing, not only from the quick pace I had but from just taking in his scent. He smelled like the flowers that grew near the lake. The moon flowers. My wolf told me something that I agreed with...this boy was it."

Craig moved forward slowly as he took Tweek's hands in his own. He smiled some as he brought the story to an end. "When I finallly found the cabin where the boy's scent came from I sat him down. I pulled the stone my parents gave me to give to a future mate into his hands. I told him it would protect him. He was confused then I smiled at him before I took back off into the woods..."

He looked at Tweek as he found the boy looking down at the stone around his neck. Craig slowly lifted Tweek's face so that they were now eye to eye. "From that moment...I have been watching over you. When you had stopped coming to the cabin I tried to find you. I began to grow worried that I would never see you again. Then I found you again, at the cabin I left you at..." he whisepred as he leaned forward some, "You are brave...amazing...such a beautiful light in what I felt like a darkness that grew around me when I thought I lost you. Tweek...I am willing to wait for a million years to make you mine fully. Right now though...I want you to stay by my side. I want to fully call you...my mate." His words seemed to slowly fade away as his lips connected to Tweek's.