Chapter 36-- HER

On the walk back to the cave, Tweek  started to feel as if something was wrong. He stopped for a moment as he gripped at Craig's hand tightly. "What's wrong Tweek?" Craig asked watching his mate and their surroundings more closely now. Tweek bit at his lip more as he started to shake a little. "I c-c-can't place i--i-it...b-but something is wrong..." he stammered out softly.

"I am sure everything is alright. I will protect you," Craig told him, pulling Tweek into his arms. Tweek felt his body slowly start to relax as he let out a long deep breath. He gave a slow nod when he finally calmed down enough to speak. "You are p-probably right..." Tweek stammered out with a soft sigh. He moved himself slowly out of Craig's arms looking up at him with a small smile on his face. He then took the other's hand into his own as the two started on their walk again.

Back at the cave, Kenny had sent a group out to hunt as he looked around. He let his eyes travel back to the cave seeing Kyle and Butters cleaning up. He turned a little seeing Pete and Alister coming back with arms full of fire wood. The two were talking and laughing which made Kenny smile slightly glad they were over that bump in their relationship. Stan walked out of the cave stretching and let out a small yawn which caught Kenny's attention. "I grabbed all the new furs to lay out while the others are being cleaned," he told Kenny popping his neck a little.

"Thanks Stan, with Token and Clyde gone to pick up some supplies in town we will be set for the coming season change."

"That's really good to hear," Stan said then looked at Kenny confused stepping closer to him, "You seem like something is bothering you. Are you alright?"

"Huh?" Kenny asked seeming to come out of a trance as he turned looking at Stan, "I am not sure honestly. Something seems really off and I am not liking the feelings. It's been following me since we came back from Lejion's lake" Stan stepped up next to Kenny as his eyes started to scan the area. Stan had learned rather quickly that when Kenny said something was off then it was very true.

The wind slowly started to pick up as the sky grew rather dark for almost midday. Everyone's eyes slowly cast up towards the sky as they felt the wind whip past them. Kenny's ears twitched as his head snapped towards the tree line hearing footsteps. He got himself ready to move then he only saw a flash of something shoot out from the tree line hitting him square in the chest as he flew backwards. Stan felt something grab his waist picking him up and tossing him off to the side. "Stan! Kenny!" Kyle shouted as he shot towards his mate only being grabbed by something and held in the air. Butters struggled as well being held up next to Kyle.

Alister rushed over feeling something slam him down into the ground as Pete called out struggling as he felt his own feet leave the ground. "Do you really think that I would let things go that easy?!" came a screeching voice that hurt the ears of the small group. The sound of sloshing footsteps slowly came closer as small streams of clear water reflected off what little light showing what was holding the three boys up in the air.

Kenny shoved hard to stand up but the feeling of pressure hit him hard in the chest as the woman appeared with skin peeling from her face. A sharp toothed grin slowly appeared as she walked closer pulling Kyle, Butters and Pete closer to her. She looked over each boy wrapping her energy tighter around them making them struggle before the three fell limp in her grip. "Such pretty pretty little prizes...maybe I should take them since you seem to want to make MY GIFTS go away!" she hissed out. "Lejion..." Stan growled out.