Chapter 18--The Challenge

Tweek started to become worried as he shook hard. "A-A challenge?! I-I can't fight!!" he said as he started to panic as he started to pull his hair. He started to pull and fell to the ground as he pulled his knees to his chest. Craig quickly moved pullling the others hands from his hair. He wrapped his arms around him. He pulled Tweek into his chest so that Tweek could hear his heart. Tweek listened closely as he felt his body slowly starting to relax. He shut his eyes as he started to cry a little.

"Just...breath slowly alright. I want you to remember. No matter what happens I will be right by your side. I refuse to turn away from you..." Craig told him softly as he he just held the other tightly. Tweek felt his body relax more as he looked up at Craig with tears running down his face. Craig slowly wiped the tears away letting the blonde slowly lean into his hand.

Tweek started to let his mind wander a little as he let out a long deep breath. He felt something well up inside of him as he opened his green eyes as they seemed to grow almost darker now. "I-I may not know h-how to fight but...I will do a-anything," he stammered out as he rose slowly taking Craig's hand into his own, "Let us g-get this over with" Craig felt his face burn seeing this side of Tweek made him feel his heart starting to race. He gave a nod as he lead him off to where his parents 'home' was.

When the full moon was fully over the top of the two of them, they arrived at a small save. Laura was sitting outside of the cave with a young girl with bright red hair. She looked at her mother before she got up rushing into the cave. Laura approched the two quickly hugging them both. She looked at Tweek seeing his eyes holding a different light as she stepped back as he walked past. "Something came over him and I don't know what..." Craig told his mother who simply gave a small smile.

"Let's just say his old soul woke up..." she said softly as she lead her son over to the cave. A tall, muscular man appeared with bright red hair like the young girl's. His dark blue eyes were glaring down at Tweek who was starting to shake a little. "So you must be the weak human who had lured my son into a trap," he scoffed looking him over.

"I am here t-to prove to you t-t-that I am good enough to be with Craig. Y-your mate gave her b-blessing and I-I know you refuse yours" Tweek stammered out as his dark green eyes slowlly started to fade back to their emerald green. His body was shaking badly. Craig moved towards Tweek to hold him but stopped feeling his mother hold him back. The man walked around Tweek for a moment as he looked towards his son smirking some with an odd gleam in his eye. "Alright then. Since I know I could rip you in half without trying. I will make it easy for you. All I need you to do is follow that path," he said softly as he pointed to a small area between a set of trees, "Until you come to a body of water. There you will see the ground near the water covered in stones similar to the one you wear. Find the one that matches Craig's and bring it back."

Tweek blinked some as he watched the man as he found himself smiling a little.  "T-that I can do and will be back quickly!" he said as he looked back at Craig still smiling, "Wish me luck!" He then turned back following the path at a good pace knowing he could do it. He looked down at the dark blue stone that sat around his neck. Find one that matches Craig...I can do this!! he told himself over and over again.

When he got to the water he felt his chest warm up as he looked down at the stone seeing it pulsing a little. He lifted it slowly as he tilted his head at it. He frowned some, "I guess he is worried about me.." he said as he slowly walked towards the edge of the water. He stared into the crystal clear water watching the moon light dance over it as he drew in a long deep breath. He turned away from the water as he slowly walked around the water's edge looking at the small stones that glittered.

After some time of looking he knelt down slowly as he picked up a small rock into his hand. It was purple and dark blue swirled together as he ran his thumb over it. He went to stand but felt something shove him from behind as he fell into the water. He broke the surface fast finding a very small ledge to stand on making the water up to his chest. He rubbed his eyes as he locked his eyes with Craig's father.

He went to speak but he felt something pull at his leg causing him to slip back some. He screamed out as he tried pulling his leg back. "Oh! I almost forgot to tell you," he said with a small laugh watching as Tweek started to struggling to stay above water now, "The water you are in is cursed." Tweek coughed and screamed out for help before he felt himself sink below the water's surface. He watched as the moon light above him fade away as he sunk further and further down before everything went black.