Chapter 27--A Sad Truth

Craig felt tears run down his face before he pulled Tweek into a tight hug as he laughed some. He picked the boy up spinning him fast as the two started to laugh a little. Tweek's wings started to open again the flutter fast lifting his feet off the ground with how excited he was. Alister found himself giving a rather sad looking smile. He shut his eyes slowly as he drew back his ears and tail slowly. A small wind wrapped the two of them before his wings slowly folded shut then fell away. "For right now I will leave you alone Alpha..." he said as he bowed some.

"Thank you Alister! I-I am sorry that I am keeping you from your mate..." Tweek said as he pulled away from Craig. He moved over as he gave the slightly taller male. Alister seemed to tense some as he looked away a little. Tweek looked at him confused as he looked at the red head then turned looking at Craig who walked over wrapping his arms around the shorter blonde. "I don't have a mate..." Alister said softly as he rubbed the back of his head.

"What do you mean? I-I thought everyone had one?" Tweek asked as Craig looked at him giving a small nod as he found the red head laughing a little. "Long story short...I...I kinda gave up that privilege...please excuse me..." Alister said as he bowed low to the both of them. He then took off in a rather fast pace as Tweek stepped as if to follow him but stopped. He turned as he looked at Craig slightly as he watched the other let out a long sigh. "W-what did he mean...did I do s-something wrong?" Tweek asked as he started to play with his fingers as the wings flicked.

"Like you, he fell into Lejion's waters a few years ago. He didn't tell us much when he came back...he just no longer had his stone around his neck. He was down...quiet...and the group of people that were always around him just seemed to...fade away. Being an Omega he is suppose to be supportive and a lot of people were happy with him. Now...ever little bit of confidence he had just faded away...that's when Kenny told me..." Craig told Tweek as he sighed some, "Kenny let me know what had happened to Alister while he was in the waters. IT was him and one other person. He didn't know WHO it was but he knew that it was someone else that he jumped into the waters to save. He gave up his mating mark to come back. He said he would rather be alone then make the person he cared about hurt anymore."

Tweek felt his heart sink slightly as he drew in a long deep breath then looked at Craig. He found himself standing taller as he reached out grabbing at Craig's hands pulling them close to his chest. "Then I think we need to find this person and tell them what Alister did for them."

"What are you talking about?"

"You just said he gave up his mark to save someone that he went after in the waters. He chose to be alone to help them. Right?"

"Right..."

"If I can get my sight back when I opened a new side of myself then he should be happy to!" Tweek said as he then felt the wings move, "Besides...we need to find him anyways. He forgot to tell me how I am suppose to pull these back." Craig found himself laughing a little seeing the confidence that was beaming from the blonde in front of him. He ruffled at Tweek's hair a little then leaned down kissing his forehead. "I knew there was a reason I love you"

Tweek's whole face turned a bright shade of red when he heard the other say those three little words. He blushed harder as he buried his face into the others chest mumbling something. Craig pulled back some to look at the other watching the emerald green eyes shimmering bright in the light of the sun. "I-I said...I-I love you too..." he stammered out then he let out a deep breath, "N-now lets find him." "Alright love...lets start back," Craig said kissing Tweek's forehead again as the two started their way back to the cave.