Chapter 31--One Step Closer

IT wasn't until the sun started to set that Tweek walked out of the cave with Craig. "Are you sure that you want to head back to your home?" he asked rather worried. Tweek smiled as he grabbed the others hand as he nodded. "Yes please and if we go together then I can do some research. I have some ideas I want to run past you," he said as he smiled over at the raven haired boy.

"Sounds good and I will be taking you back so that we can talk. Everyone is finally resting at this point," Craig said looking back at the cave. He could see the pack behind him either talking or getting ready to relax. Kenny gave him a small wave before he nuzzled into Butters in his arm. Craig smiled a little more as he moved gripping Tweek's hand as he kissed his cheek. "Then let us begin the walk back," he said as the two started to walk to the cabin. Tweek looked back at the cave for a moment a little worried. "Do you think they will be alright?" he asked softly.

"I think they will be," Craig answered as they walked into the treeline. Kenny whispered something to Butters making the smaller blonde blush before he started further into the cave. The dark blonde looked at the other two males close to the exit. He walked over as he looked at Alister then at Pete. "Follow me you two...we are going to get to the bottom of this..." Kenny said as he started the walk. Pete looked over at Alister before he started walking right behind Kenny. "Where are we going?" Pete asked confused before he looked back at Alister who had his head down.

"We are going to head to the lake and you two are going to find a pair of stones. I will be over looking it so that she doesn't come after you guys. If she does...I have a plan," Kenny answered simply as Alister looked up fast. "B-but Beta...." he stammered out then stopped speaking as Kenny held up his hand to silence the other from speaking any more. Alister lowered his head slowly as he put his hands into his pocket. I have a weird feeling about this whole thing...Alister thought as his eyes went over to Pete. What if he doesn't want to find the stone? Then why didn't he just leave when the Beta said the thing about stone?

Pete turned his head a little looking over at Alister for a moment causing the red head to turn away quickly. The other male let out a long sigh as he flipped his hair out of his face as the two picked up their pace to catch up with Kenny better. When they arrived at the waters Kenny drew in a long deep breath as he shook out his hands as he watched the water close. "Alright you two....go and do what is asked. I will keep watch," Kenny told them. Pete nodded his head as he made his way towards the waters staying as far from the edge as he could.

Alister found himself watching the other male for a long moment as he started to look for a stone as well. His eyes kept traveling over to Pete then at the waters as he began to have a flash back to that day....Alister slowly approached the waters as he looked over them fast. He slowly picked up the odd looking silver pendent with a red stone in it on leather straps. He gripped it tightly as he pulled off his jacket pulling his hair back before he dove into the water. It felt hot as he swam further down as he saw a figure floating. He swam closer as he saw it was Pete as he put his hands on his cheeks then felt light wrap around the two of them.

He opened his eyes coming face to face with a woman with her flesh falling from here face. "Give him back! He is mine child!" she shrieked out loudly as she tried to grab at Pete. Alister jerked back holding the boy close shaking his head. The woman let out a low growl then she watch the two. She could see a light coming from both of them as she smirked. "So YOU are the one that is to take him away from me? Well...you both will remain here unless you can give me something in return," she said smirking as she had an idea.

"Look you can keep me here but you can't let him stay like this!"

"I can do as I please...I like this one...but if you want him back then you have to give me something in return..."

"Anything."

"Then give me your light" Alister froze as he started to shake some. He knew giving up his light would mean his stone would crumble in his hands. He looked down at the black haired boy as he slowly pushed the red tinted bang from his face before hugging him. He slowly laid him down as he stood up as he held out the stones that he collected. "Set us free and I will give them to you."

"Deal." She reached out shoving her hand into his chest as Alister drew in a harsh breath as he felt the stone slowly slip from his hands. He looked up at the woman who started to laugh, "I will always get what I want..." she whispered as she pulled something from his chest. Alister dropped to his knees clinging to his chest as he looked up through blurred eyes seeing a white and red light swirling slowly. She closed her hand around it as he flinched hard as he felt himself fall. He looked over seeing the light that came from Pete's chest slowly fade away before darkness took him over.

"Alister!" Kenny shouted as his voice broke the thoughts he was having as he looked around fast. He looked down as he saw a stone picking it up as it crumbled in his hands as he turned as he shook his head a little. "I-I haven't found one..." he called out as he turned back around not wanting to face the two yet. He slowly pulled out the pendent he found when he went after Pete as he ran his thumb over it slowly. He watched the stone glimmer in his hand as he felt tears well up in his eyes. He shut his eyes a little as white tears fell onto the pendent in his hand before he turned back around. Guess I should give this back...he thought

He walked back over to the pair as he shook his head a little, "Every stone I picked up crumbled in my hand.." he told them before Alister turned placing the pendent into Pete's hand, "I found this by the waters before I dove in after you. I...thought I should finally return it to you." Pete looked down at the pendent as he ran his thumb over it slowly. A spark ran off of it shooting through the boy's hand making him jerk slightly as he felt his chest hurt. Alister felt the same thing as he held his chest confused. Kenny found himself smirking a little as he looked between the two of them. "Looks like you found your stones"