Dream

"You seem vert confident n•o13."

I didn't say anything, simply keeping my eyes strained to my dance sneakers, like I was taught to.

"Are you getting big headed because you got to be on stage?" The trainee manager said, walking closer to me.

He had previously stopped the music to comment every detail and wrong step in the choreography.

This was our weekly evaluation.

"Don't forget n•013, you were just a backup dancer. You're easily replaceable in this company."

I nod.

What he started is true, they could transfer me to an other company or fire me anytime they want.

It's written in my contract.

"Remeber all those screams you heard, they weren't for you. None of the girls in the audience remeber your face." He says through his teeth.

That sends a pang of pain through my body.

In the year I've been a trainee, life has been complete hell.

I've worked so hard to fit in that slim mold, but I've never heard the trainee manager utter a compliment to anyone.

I hate this, but I have to continue in order to reach my dream, even if it takes me ten years, even if I have to reniew my contract, I'll never give up this dream to be on stage.

"You know n•013, if you don't work harder your contract will be over before you ever have the chance to debut." He slurs.

Those few words seemed to break something in me. I wanted to yell my frustration at his face, I wanted to grow some muscles on my weak body and hit him with all my might.

I only bit my lip very hard and clutched the wet fabric of my shirt.

The manager walked away from
me and spat on a few other trainees, before dismissing us.

A/N:

Thank you all so much for 100 votes and 500+ reads!

This story is ranked 2nd in #picture perfect, like what?!

Thank you all for reading voting and commenting.

Btw thanks brownluckypotato for coming back into my life.

Love you all~