Rain

I curse, quickly putting my sweater on.

If this rain catches me my only clothes will be soaked for days.

I shoot up, trying not to pay attention to the pain in my stomach and legs from the kicks that were thrown at me a few minutes ago.

I run a hand through my knotted hair, cursing again as the first drop hits my nose.

I bight my lip, quickly regretting the action as I am met with familiar taste of blood.

I guess they hit harder then I thought, i tell myself as I touch my busted lip, noticing for the first time a sting on my cheek and soreness in my jaw.

My stomach hurts too, so does my thigh and my forearm.

I laugh at myself as I think I was lucky enough to be against a wall so they didn't hit my spine and protected myself enough for them not to break a bone or anything.

I don't have the money to get hospitalised.

A second drop of rain pulls him from my thoughts as I start to leave the alley and run towards the Main Street.

It's already night, and this is a pretty rich neighbourhood so the streets are almost empty.

The shops all seem closed as I run past them.

It starting to poor harder and I really need to find something.

Finally I come across a hair salon.

It looks very fancy, but I don't have the time to mind as I go inside the doors.

Everyone looks at me.

I don't really blame them, my black hair is all over the place, my face is bruised and my cloths look cheep and dirty.

A worker comes to me.

"The shop is closed for the night, please leave." He said with slight disgust written on his face.

"I'm sorry sir, I don't want any treatment I would just really appreciate it if you could let me stay here until the rain stops." I say, breathless from running away from the rain and the stress that is choking me.

"The salon was booked for a special appointment, we don't accept street rats such as yourself out of pity." The worker replied.

I choked on my words, my heart clenching at her harsh words.

"I beg you." I say as I drop to my knees. "Please-"

"Security." His words cut me off as two strong men walk my way.

" Please..." I repeat, this time my voice cracking into a broken whisper.

The two tall men grab my arms harshly before they pull me to the door.

I see a man in the very back of the shop, he looked polished and elegent as a worker's hands were dying his hair, another one seemed to be applying a face mask on his soft features.

I shoot him a pleading look as soon as our eyes meet and his widen.

"Security." He says emediatly. "Please let my friend go."

The two men stop in their tracks as they turn to me, eyeing the worker that had order them for permission.

Seeing everyone hesitate the man talks up again.

"I know him, he game here to get his hair dyed, isn't that right?" He said, looking at me with his chocolate eyes.

I nod, surprised by his kind and gentle voice.

"But sir-"

"Do I have to repeat myself, let my friend go." He said, a little more sternly this time.

They let me go.

I sighed in relief, standing up to my feet as they lead me to sit next to him.

Before I was seated, I stared at this man that had just saved me from the rain, trying hard not to question his really unjustified actions because they had saved me.

I looked at his face through mirror, admiring his elegant features that seemed straight out of a Korean drama.

When his eyes met mine, I snapped out of my daze and slowly realised I was getting my hair touched by the workers that seemed to gag at the touch, not that blamed them.

The idea of scoffing almost crossed my mind, I was getting my hair dyed for the first time, how unlikely to do it in this scenario.

"Please dye his hair to blond and give him a good wash before that, also give him a nice trim, and a clean undercut." He said.

The workers nod and emediatly get to work as I look at the mysterious man that is now relaxing back into his seat.