#14 (Peter Parker) losing to gravity

Back story- I have never really been friends with Peter Parker until recently. I caught him on the side up a building in the Spider-Man suit without the mask. I'm not going to lie it took me a while to grasp the idea. I still don't really believe till this day, the shy boy in my grade was the web slinging hero. I had grown to like Peter in a matter of days. I enjoyed his company, while Ned may not always like mine. I had been hanging out with them for weeks now. I was proud to call them friends, Ned had texted me yesterday asking if there was anything between Peter and I. I answered with a no, he was my friend...right?

Peter whispers my name as I was now in the hands of someone bad. Someone who with out hesitation will kill me, he had no name or face. He was the new villain that made children run and hide. He was the type of person you avoid making eye contact with on the streets. And yet here I was, at the top of the tallest building in New York, in "his" arms. Peter was planning to sneak up on him, I could see him. Peter raised a figure up to his lips, I nod tears of fear making there way down my cheeks. "Don't take one step close spider boy" he leans me closer to the edge of the building. I snap my eyes shut not having the will power to look death in the face. Peter slowly puts his hands up, backing up into the light. "You are always in the way, saving the subjects I poisoned destroying my work" he yelled at Peter making my ear ring. I had my arms wrapped to him, he may not be good but I still did not want to fall. Peter looks at me then at him, "okay I'll leave you alone just don't hurt her" I feel a tear fall down, making its way down the side of the building. I was scared i was going to have the same fate as my tears, falling to gravity. "But you won't leave me be" he screamed, I try to run to Peter. He stops me "stay still you brat" I sob silently. Peter takes a step forward, "I said don't take another step forward". A heavy push sends me flying off the ledge to my doom. I hear peters screams before the ground was but centimeter from my face.

I open my eyes, my legs felt broken. "Y/n, y/n your awake I-I'm so... So sorry" Peter had his iron grip on my hand. I look around my eyes fuzzy "where am I" I ask Peter, he looked stressed. "Hey, hey Peter it's okay, I'm okay" I rub his hand, peters red eyes looking at me. "Your in the hospital" a nurse then walks through the door. "Hi sweety how are you feeling" I blink, I really was in a hospital. "Um my legs are a little sore, but good" I mumble seeing a needle in my arm. Monitors hooked up to me. "Peter what happened" he looks down before answering. "He push you off the building" it starts all rushing back. "I saved you before you died, but y/n... You broke multiple bones" the pain starts to really rush in, my body in panic mode. "Thank you Peter" he pulls his hand back. "D-don't thank me, you would have not been up there if not for me. You would not be here if it was not for me" I frown at him, he blamed himself for all this."No Peter" he stops me. "You've been in here for almost two days y/n, you almost died" I go to sit up my head pounding at the movement.

"Peter wait please" he cuts me off once again. "I don't even know what you see in me, I'm bad for you, people I love get hurt" I stop, shocked... Peter loved me. "You love me" I questioned my head still killing me. "Y-yeah I love you but I can't love you, I almost got you killed" I go to touch his face, he blocks my hand."I can't y/n you could get hurt again" I shake my head. "No Peter please listen to me" his eyes had been drained of tears. "I don't even know what you see in me, you deserve better... I'm going to go" I grab his hand stopping him with all my strength. "If you truly love then you will hear me out" Peter stops for a second before turning back. Pete stays silent as I prepare my reasons.

"Okay so maybe this won't be the easiest relationship, maybe we will have to work harder then others. But that's okay cause a love that is not worth fighting for, is a love I don't want. But I want us, to work because you are the reason I smile everyday and the person that makes me laugh. So please don't turn your back on me now, when I need you the most" Peter was taken back but kisses the back of my hand. "Okay" I smile, even in the most pain I have ever felt this boys makes me happy. I lean back on my hospital bed, smiling. "I love you Peter" I confidently mumble. He turns red breaking eye contact, I laugh causing my ribs to hurt. I don't let it break my mood, though my mood may have broke them. Peter nods at me, I can't help but let my smile stay.

A/n- a quick... Short story an idea I had based off a quote.