#21 (Peter Parker) diving too deep- part 2

Y/n pov-

I had no friends apart from... no, I have no friends. I had lost Peter a few days ago. Most friends drift apart or fight over a shared crush. Peter and I broke apart due to him pulling me free from death and not even telling me how. Come to think of it did he pull me out of the ocean...or was he just there. I had tried for hours on end to forget him. To move on past my near death experience. Yet every time I could see my eyelids it was a movie of me drowning. Over and over. My lungs lighting a flame before filling painfully up with, what felt like liquid nitrogen. I notice my eyes tingling from the salt in the water. I breathed in, my body giving way to the unbearableness of the violent waves. The unbearableness of the reason I was even in this situation. "Y/n" I gasp sitting up straight. My body going to cough up water.

"Peter" I ask my heart rate picking up. "No sweetly its mum" I hold back my sigh. "What's wrong" I look to her, she looked in pain. "mum, are you okay" she just looks at me with warm eyes. "You were screaming agian" I flinch at myself. "You were screaming Peter's name. Sweety is there something you want to tell me" I shake my head at first. But when the tears were too much she pulled me into a tight hug. "I lost him...I lost my best friend" I sob into her shoulder, leaving out the part of me basically dying. "It's okay honey, it's okay" she brushes her fingers through my hair, helping me calm down. "Do you want to talk about it" I shake my head with weak body strength. "Okay honey you don't have to. Do you want me to help you get ready for school" I jump up.

The whole idea of school had completely left me. "I'll make some toast" I say thanks, running into the bathroom. I get ready covering the redness for my face as well as I can. I chose my clothes for the day. It was colder today so I went with, black ripped jeans, a white tee, brown scarf and ancle high boots. I throw my hair up in a messy bun not having time. "Bye mum" I yell toast in my mouth. "Bye honey" I shut the door jogging off.

I catch the bus only having to run after it for a meter. I crash on the seat making sure to stay busy. If I have to much to do, I won't have time to think about... anyway I have calculus first up. I rush to my locker having no time to stall. I was about to blot to class when my path was blocked. "Y/n hi" I don't look up heart racing five miles an hour. " I was wondering if you could help me with the homecoming decorations" I let out a sigh of relief. "Sure" I say briefly before leaving for class. I walk into class not bothering to look at anyone. I take my seat pulling out my book.

"Your late Miss. Y/l/n" I curse hoping he would not have seen me. "Sorry I was held up by homecoming preparations" I mumble, he huffs before turning back to his whiteboard. The rest of the class was just a burl. The bell was the only thing clear in the two hours of numbers. I stay focused leaving my stuff in my locker. I walk to the cafeteria to help with the homecoming banner.

"Good your here" I smile at the freckled junior, she was so cute. "Yep I'm here what do you need me to do" she pints to the ladder. I take steps up the metal frame holding the banner. I turn to ask her how it looks when I see Peter and Ned staring at me. I wobble on the frame almost falling off. I take a deep breath stabilizing myself. "How does it look Maddie" I yell looking at the wall. "Looks great" I pin the banner up in place. I see Peter still looking at me, I ignore him. I was so focused on ignoring him, that I barley felt the water on my hand. I quickly look down at my hand, there it was. The tear that had been there since this morning. I wipe my eye dry smiling.

"Okay thanks for your help, see you tomorrow" I wave bye to Maddie. Now I was trapped, I had planned to go walking outside but Peter blocks the exit. Me staying here gives him a chance to come over to me. Me staying here just makes me want to go over and hug him after screaming at him for three hours. Maybe I was being dramatic, maybe I should be the bigger person. No, I can't he still won't tell me what happened. Why I'm not at the bottom of the ocean. I see Ned punch his shoulder. I feel this hole in my chest start to grow. The more I thought of him the more my skin burnt off the corners. I looked at him my heart melted at me not being able to even say hello. Peter stood up.

His hoodie fell down, his face covered in bruises. I touch my shirt to check people could not see through me. It tingled at the touch. Someone had put the dark spots on his face, I have no idea who. That did not matter, how can I still care. I'm not meant to be caring I'm meant to be hating him. I just couldn't maybe I lost my mind in the ocean. I feel a tap on my shoulder. "Sorry Maddie I'll sign the form now" the hand lingered on my shoulder.

"Maddie I said I'll-" I shut up. Peter was looking at me side ways. "Peter" saying his name was like pouring salt in my missing chest. "Hi" he doesn't look at me. I stood up wrapping my arms around him. He did not hug back but instead he winched. I jump back looking at him, he turned away. "I'm sorry" is all he said hoodie facing me. "I already saw your purple eye Pete" he looked down up at me. Hanging his head in shame... I think. "Oh" he whispered.

"Who did it Pete" he doesn't answer. "Look, if we are going to be friends we have to be completely honest with each other. I'll start, I ate your second pizza slice last month" he stays silent. "It's your turn" my heart ripped itself up just seeing him like this. "Okay my turn again. you are my best and only friend" he doesn't answer. I sit down, once again a tear falling down my cheek. "I-i... I cried for the last two days. I woke my mum up every couple of hours, I screamed you name in my sleep. I debated going to your apartment and just saying hi. I came to the boat to find you, I was so worried. every time I close my eyes I see myself drowning" I rant holding my face in my hands. The entire homecoming staff had left, along with Ned. It was just Peter an I. "Y/n, I'm so sorry I put you through all that"the hole in my chest mended itself hearing him.

"Y-y/n... your my best friend" he took a heavy deep breath in. Pulling out a chair next to me he sat down. "I... I lost the stark internship" his Shaky voice broke me. It meant so much to him, more then school, more then anything at one stage. "Peter I'm... sorry" I needed a word that meant more then sorry but there was none. "I lost my internship and in the process my best friend" I nod seeing his hurt eyes. "You...you said that we have to be completely honest" I nod again. He draws a shaky inhale. "Okay, well I'm sort of... Spider-Man" my mind does a rewind.

"I saw you get pushed into the water but by the time I got there you were half way under. I pulled you out, y/n you breathed in so much water. I thought I lost you. I can't... you mean to much. I was welling to sacrifice my identity to save you. I was not ready to tell you who i am. Truth is I was never going to tell you because it puts you in to much danger" he rants, his voice cracking from the emotions. I stay stunned trying to grasp it all, my best friend saved my life. He is also Spider-Man. I look at hi. Funny, he turns to the closest pencil. He shoots a web at the pencil bringing it back to him.

"P-Peter I didn't know I.... thank you" the wave of guilt wave so much the hole almost burst open. It was about to reach for my chest when Peter pulled me into a hug. "I love you y/n" a small gasp leaves me. I don't know how to respond, Peter loved me. I hug him back "I-I love you too Pete". The comment left me lips before I could even think about it. I pulled away from the hug looking at his face. His black eye still made my stomach wrench. He held my face. "Will you go to homecoming with me" I laugh. He smiled at me nodding yes. "your lucky your cute Parker" I mumble standing up. He smiles at me, I hold his face looking at his black eye. "Was this from the guy with the metal wings" he nod innocently. I sigh at him he looked down. "You'll still always be my super hero Pete" he smiles his painful smile.