#37 (Peter Parker) fire

Your pov-

I woke up, coughing and choking on the thick smoke. I saw the bright red glow across my room. I couldn't move, my room was apart of the flame. The bed was only just starting to catch a light. "Hello." i yelled out, trying to work out if anyone else was in here.

 "Help, someone please." i started to cry, this is not how it's meant to go. I heard the window smash, someone must have heard me. "Over here." i call out again. Someone crawls carefully over. I was waiting to my fireman rescuer, i was wrong. It was a guy in red spandex...

"Ugh hi mam, y-your apartment is on fire." i stared at the white eyes of the suit. "Are you going to save me?" he stood there for a moment before, wrapping his arm around my waist. "Hold on to me." i locked my arms around his neck. Tucking my head into his chest. I felt us move slightly but i didn't dare to open my eyes.

 "You can let go now." he careful touched my hair. I slowly unattached myself from him. Looking up at him, i smiled. "Thank you." he simply nodded.

"I'm just your friendly neighbourhood spiderman." with that he swung away. I watched him disappear in the night sky. Then a few nurses rushed over to me, showering me in questions. 

"I'm fine." is all i said to answer them. I smiled myself to sleep that night. It could have been from the post traumatic shock, or this fuzzy feeling i got after letting go of him.

I was not the most careful person, some would even say i'm a danger magnet. Any dangerous object near me in a 200 mile radius will somehow find me. I consider it a talent and a curse.

I was walking to my school, i stopped staring at the large screen on a billboard. There he was, the man in red who saved me. It made my heart flutter slightly. Wow it's easy to make me blush. "Hey y/n, your going to be late." i smile at the familiar voice. 

"Coming." i yell back to my friend. Aria nudged me, "Someone has heart eyes." she smiles.

"Haha, very funny." i pouted trying to get her to change the subject. "I am more of a villian person myself." she bounces next to me to class. 

"Yeah well i'm not. He saved my life Ary, i didn't even get to say thank you." i spun my pencil around on the desk. "We'll knowing you you'll see him soon." she joked, i scoffed at her.

"Mrs. Y/l/n, can you please answer the question." i freeze, keeping my head down. "Agh..." i mentally smack my forehead. "Pay attention, that's an after school detention." she death stared me, before asking someone else.

 "Crap." i mumble. "Look on the bright side." Aria spoke. "Maybe he'll sweep down and save you from the evil after school detention." then she got up as the bell rang.

All of my other classes went passed in a blur, though i was trying to make them last longer. Not wanting to go to detention. I ended up walking out of my last class and entering the detention classroom. I sat down crossing my legs sighing. Then i heard the noise of a pencil drawing on paper.

I looked over to see a girl drawing me with a large frown. "Um is that me." i point at the paper. "I like drawing people in distress." she replied. I nod, slightly confused.

 I look around the detention, not being many people here. Mostly because the ones who normally get detention would just ditch. I saw a tired looking boy in the back. Just as i saw him, he looked up making eye contact.

He automatically blushed, looking to the floor. I sighed, facing the front of the class. "Michelle why are you even here ?" the gym teacher asked. "I like drawing people in distress." she replies like she did to me. "Michelle just leave." he sighed. "It's you." she holds up a drawing of a sad man.

He gives up, letting her stay. I kept looking behind me at the boy in the back. He was wearing a blue school jumper and hair curly. He would sometimes make eye contact with me back he kept trying to hide from me. After a few more minutes of this the bell rang.

 I got up and walked in front of the boy. "Do i know you, you seem very familiar?" i politely asked. "N-no." he got flustered half tripping standing up.

I stared at him suddenly, i gasp covering my mouth. It all clicked when i heard his stutter. He grabbed my arm and walked me out the door. "W-what do you want?" he snapped still holding my arm. I froze for a second. "I know who you are." i spoke carefully. "Y-you can't tell anyone." he begged. "I wasn't going to..." i murmured.

"Then what do you want?" i could tell he was stressed. "You saved me..." i whispered. "W-well no one will believe you." he looked at his feet. "Thank you." i look him in the eyes. "...thank you for saving me." i felt my cheeks heat up. "Your welcome." he blushed and let go of my arm.

"I-i have to go." he backs away, before turning around. I watched him leave, my breath stuck in my throat. "Who was that?" Aria stood next to me. I yelled jumping back from her. "Sorry didn't mean to scare you there." she smiles, i pant trying to get my breath back. 

"Oh that was uh, a guy from detention." i stared at Aria. "Ooh, do tell." she teased. "no, no i'll leave that one unexplained." i looked at where he had left.

I waved goodbye to Aria, making my way home. I walked inside and dived face first onto my bed. Swinging my bag across the room, not bothered by the loud noise it made. I sighed, knowing that when my parents get back home tomorrow they will not be happy about the detention. I push myself up, off the bed. Staring at the window.

I get up and open the window walking out to the roof. I sit on the edge looking out to the now dark sky. I saw the now familiar red suit fly past, swinging from building to building. I would not be here if it wasn't for him. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pull it out to see Aria, "Hello".

"Hey, what are you doing?" i hear her typing on the computer while she talked to me. "Just thinking." i whispered, spotting the same red figure flash past, behind a building.

 "About that Spider-man i bet." she snickered to herself. "Very funny." i roll my eyes. "I know, natural born comedian." i scoff. I heard someone move behind me. I flick my eyes to see who it was. I hold in my gasp, "bye Aria." i hang up. 

I watch him as he comes and sits next to me. "Hi." i whisper, watching him nervously. "Hey." he awkwardly mumbles.

"I'm sorry about today, i didn't expect Spider-Man to be in detention with me." i swing my feet back and forward. "It's okay." he rubbed the back of his neck. "W-were you being s-serious about you not wanting to telling anyone." he looked down at me. Pulling off his mask so he could see me better, red faced. 

"Yeah." i stare at his brown eyes. "Y/n, i-i'm glad your okay." he smiled at me. I froze for a second, i had no classes with him. We took completely different subjects...how did he know my name.

"U-uh, how do you know my name?" i ask cautiously. He noticeably tensed up, face turning a deeper red. "I-i, um..." he didn't make eye contact.

Peter pov-

Why would i call her by her name. Ugh, now she's going to know i like her. How could i say that. Stupid. I'm not even in any of her classes, i heard her name being called by her friend when i was leaving. 

Spider hearing and all. I had been trying to avoid her since the fire. But when you try to avoid someone, who isn't looking for you, you just become super aware of where they are. I had fallen for her without my permission.

"Well now it's only fair if you tell me your name." she keep the conversation going. "P-Peter, my name is Peter." i stumbled. "Hi Peter i'm Y/n." she put her hand out to shake. 

I shook it carefully, trying not to stare at her amazing eyes. She yawns slightly, stretching her arms. "I should l-let you get some rest." i can take a hint when it's thrown at me. "No." she grabbed my arm. I stared at her hand, heart kicking to overdrive.

"Ah, sorry. Please don't leave yet. I still want to know so much more about you." she took her hand off my arm slowly. I swallowed harshly. "O-okay." i watched her now. She shuffled over closer to me, i froze.

 She rested her hand on my shoulder, i smiled at the sky. She shivered, from the chippy air of the night sky. I slowly placed my hand around her waist, attempting to warm her. "My hero." she whispered, something that would be barely audible to normal ears. I heard it perfectly.